Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Sort Playlists by Artists or Albums

Please implement a view where you can see all Artists or Ablums of your playlist.Such as the iPod or any other music app. Even rdio did it right implementing this. Currently, Finding (offline) music is a mess.Please don't refer to search as workaroun...

• Regular
  • Please implement a view where you can see all Artists or Ablums of your playlist. Such as the iPod or any other music app.  Even rdio did it right implementing this.   Currently, Finding...
  • hydraman99
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Deleting a station

Hi. How do you delete a station, from an iPad ? Also, how do you stop listening to a station? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. How do you delete a station, from an iPad ? Also, how do you stop listening to a station? Thanks!
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Playing On Speaker instead of headphones

Was pretty awesome trying to listen to music on this new app this morning and blasting it suddenly across my office. My headphones were in and I thought I was ready to go. Why would this default to the speaker???

• Casual Listener
  • Was pretty awesome trying to listen to music on this new app this morning and blasting it suddenly across my office. My headphones were in and I thought I was ready to go. Why would this default to t...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod Nano Synching and Local Files Message

I'm not having a problem syncing I have that down, but it says "only local files have been synced". I am on the free trial of premium right now, so I'm not sure if that is what is limiting my being able to sync or not. If it is, is there a way to jus...

• I'm not having a problem syncing I have that down, but it says "only local files have been synced".  I am on the free trial of premium right now, so I'm not sure if that is what is limiting my b...
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to reinstall

I have an ipod version 4.2.1 8gb and i had spotify on it, but it kept shutting down in the middle of the song's or if i was searching. so i looked online for help, and they said to redownload it, so i undownloaded it and tried to redownload it, as i ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an ipod version 4.2.1 8gb and i had spotify on it, but it kept shutting down in the middle of the song's or if i was searching. so i looked online for help, and they said to redownload it, so ...
  • Jude
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

READ ME: Important points regarding iPod classic, nano, or shuffle for new visitors

1) Do you have an iPod touch ?The Spotify iPhone app will work on the iPod touch in the same way that it does on the iPhone. Of course, internet access is only over wi-fi, so the best way to use your iPod touch is to sync up some playlists for offlin...

• Spotify Legend
  • 1) Do you have an iPod touch ? The Spotify iPhone app will work on the iPod touch in the same way that it does on the iPhone. Of course, internet access is only over wi-fi, so the best way to use ...
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes

Music algorithm.

Ok spotify. wtf is wrong with your music algorithm? My song seed for this station is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1piT-w1xJkc and you have given me not one, not 2, but 6 songs by this artist:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4hWR2Dfl9g even though I...

• Regular
  • Ok spotify. wtf is wrong with your music algorithm? My song seed for this station is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1piT-w1xJkc and you have given me not one, not 2, but 6 songs by this ar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums on desktop version not on iPad

Oh hai guis, I was listening to James Morrison - Undiscovered album from 2006 on Spotify last night on my windows desktop. Since my windows desktop can not do Airplay, that I know of (unless you use third party app like Airfoil which means ALL sounds...

• Regular
  • Oh hai guis,   I was listening to James Morrison - Undiscovered album from 2006 on Spotify last night on my windows desktop. Since my windows desktop can not do Airplay, that I know of (unle...
  • tigris
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problem with premium on iphone

just got 30 day free trial and i use facebook to login. On my iphone it says that its not premium and ive logged in and out and redownlaoded the app. what do i do?

• Visitor
  • just got 30 day free trial and i use facebook to login.  On my iphone it says that its not premium and ive logged in and out and redownlaoded the app.  what do i do?
  • godsword837
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

exclamation point highlighted in orange

Lately, every few tracks on multiple playlists get an exclamation point highlighted in orange. Then, I can never play them off line. I have a premium account. What gives?

• Lately, every few tracks on multiple playlists get an exclamation point highlighted in orange. Then, I can never play them off line. I have a premium account. What gives?
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone App Not Activating

I just upgraded to premium and it will not activate on my iPhone. I've uninstalled and installed the app several times and I am still not able to stream! Any help would be great!Thanks, Doug

• I just upgraded to premium and it will not activate on my iPhone. I've uninstalled and installed the app several times and I am still not able to stream! Any help would be great! Thanks, Doug
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with premium on iPhone

I just started my 30 day free trial of premium today. Everything works great on the computer, but my app still acts like I have a free account. I've tried redownloading the app, logging out and back in, and nothing seems to work. Help!

• I just started my 30 day free trial of premium today. Everything works great on the computer, but my app still acts like I have a free account. I've tried redownloading the app, logging out and back ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Crashing when deleting "Liked from Radio"

Long time Spotify user who just resubbed after a short hiatus. Before I resubbed I checked out the free radio and thought it was a pretty cool feature. I "liked" some of the songs that I heard and the app automatically created a playlist called "Like...

• Long time Spotify user who just resubbed after a short hiatus. Before I resubbed I checked out the free radio and thought it was a pretty cool feature. I "liked" some of the songs that I heard and th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone app volume normalization absent

I cannot find volume normalization in settings. I have the latest update on an iphone 3gs. Is it not available in this app?

• I cannot find volume normalization in settings. I have the latest update on an iphone 3gs. Is it not available in this app?
  • bi_harrington
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Some bands showing unplayable albums even with unplayable checked

Hi, this seemed to just happen this past week with the iPad update, but now when I search (for ex: red hot chili peppers) artists albums it will show albums that are unplayable except for one wrongly linked track on my iPad/iPhone. 9 times out of 10 ...

• Regular
  • Hi, this seemed to just happen this past week with the iPad update, but now when I search (for ex: red hot chili peppers) artists albums it will show albums that are unplayable except for one wrongly...
  • smithrp1
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone not syncing music to facebook over 3G

I've realised that since the latest release has come out that my music is no longer syncing to my facebook profile when my iPhone 4 using iOS 5 is connected to 3G. But when my phone is connected to my home WiFi it does sync the songs that I'm listeni...

• Casual Listener
  • I've realised that since the latest release has come out that my music is no longer syncing to my facebook profile when my iPhone 4 using iOS 5 is connected to 3G. But when my phone is connected to m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle using a playlist keeps repeating the same songs.

I dl a Rolling Stones Greatest Rock Hits playlist with 500 songs. But I don't see a way to play the playlist in any sequential order. All the songs in the playlist have little green arrows next to them. Then at the top I see three dots. When I touch ...

• Regular
  • I dl a Rolling Stones Greatest Rock Hits playlist with 500 songs.  But I don't see a way to play the playlist in any sequential order.  All the songs in the playlist have little green arrow...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Select a song and goes right to radio

Does anyone know what I can do so when I'm in my starred folder and select a song it doesnt bring me straight to radio?? This is very weird and have never had any problems with this app before.

• Does anyone know what I can do so when I'm in my starred folder and select a song it doesnt bring me straight to radio??  This is very weird and have never had any problems with this app before.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Browsing Wilco - A Ghost is Born is incorrect on iPhone, correct on computer

If I view the album A Ghost Is Born on the phone, it displays an imcomplete track listning - even lists b-sides like Panthers that aren't available on the computer. On the computer it brings up the complete album. If i search the album on the web, an...

• If I view the album A Ghost Is Born on the phone, it displays an imcomplete track listning - even lists b-sides like Panthers that aren't available on the computer. On the computer it brings up the c...
  • danc27
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify showing unplayable tracks even when set to not show them

Is this just a bug? I'm being teased with a ton of albums I can't play. I'm a premium user and when I click on an unplayable track it wants me to create a station. Is this normal?

• Casual Listener
  • Is this just a bug? I'm being teased with a ton of albums I can't play. I'm a premium user and when I click on an unplayable track it wants me to create a station. Is this normal?
  • leefaulkner
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes