Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Superuser Contribution shuffle tracks of artist

Hello!I have a problem on my Iphone Spotify.When I choose an artist and trying to shuffle his tracks - nothing happens. Shuffle button is not working in artist menu.I can shuffle playlist or album, but not artist tracks.Several times I reinstalled ap...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I have a problem on my Iphone Spotify. When I choose an artist and trying to shuffle his tracks - nothing happens. Shuffle button is not working in artist menu. I can shuffle playlist or al...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue does not show the last song

If I put songs in my queue the last is never shown and just black. I also cannot move or click on it. (iPhone 11, iOS 13)

• Casual Listener
  • If I put songs in my queue the last is never shown and just black. I also cannot move or click on it.  (iPhone 11, iOS 13)   
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Artist music stops after Top 5

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 10) i just recently noticed that songs from an artist stop playing after the top 5. Typically, they will keep going on. Anyone else having this issue?

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 10)   i just recently noticed that songs from an artist stop playing after the top 5.  Typically, ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot shuffle play all downloaded songs in offline mode

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevice(iPhone XS)Operating System(iOS 12 ) My Question or IssueAfter latest update (downgrade) much harder to access and listen to songs in my library, many issue which have been covered in other threads however the one I haven’t ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device (iPhone XS) Operating System (iOS 12 )   My Question or Issue After latest update (downgrade) much harder to access and listen to songs in my lib...
  • nerfherder72
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Offline mode can’t filter downloads
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Local File Songs not appearing in playlist

Hey Guys,I just switched to an iPhone 11 Pro and tried to download all of my local files. I did the same I did when I did the same for my S8. - Connect the Desktop and iPhone through the same Desktop- Redownload my local files playlist- DoneHowever, ...

• Visitor
  • Hey Guys, I just switched to an iPhone 11 Pro and tried to download all of my local files. I did the same I did when I did the same for my S8.  - Connect the Desktop and iPhone through the sam...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Issues on iOS 14

PlanPremiumCountryItaly DeviceiPhone 11 Pro max Operating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or Issue- Shuffle doesn't work as you can see in the video- Also Spotify stops any whatsapp voice messages I don't know how to fix these issues

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Italy   Device iPhone 11 Pro max  Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue - Shuffle doesn't work as you can see in the video - Also Spoti...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App Closes Only When Playing an Album in the Background

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 10 XROperating SystemiOS 14.2My Question or IssueWhenever I use the Spotify app on my phone it usually works fine. I can play Spotify playlists fine, I can play my playlists fine, etc. The issue is when I try ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States Device iPhone 10 XR Operating System iOS 14.2 My Question or Issue Whenever I use the Spotify app on my phone it usually works fine. I can play Spotify playli...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • app bug
    crashes
    iphone xr
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No Shuffle Button for 2020 Wrapped

PlanPremium CountryUnited States DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.2There is no shuffle option available for my 2020 Wrapped playlist. I have to click the play button and then go to the shuffle button at the bottom left once I click to make the s...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium  Country United States  Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.2 There is no shuffle option available for my 2020 Wrapped playlist. I have to click the play button an...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Podcasts] No Audio on JRE Joe Rogan?

No Audio on JRE Joe Rogan? What the heck was Spotify thinking? It's a PODCAST that people listen to? Boneheads.

• Visitor
  • No Audio on JRE Joe Rogan? What the heck was Spotify thinking? It's a PODCAST that people listen to? Boneheads.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Status icons not shown on notch iPhones (X and above)

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 14My Question or IssueI have always been super puzzled by this one...maybe I’m missing a setting but honestly there probably shouldn’t even be a setting for this...why are the status ic...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 14 My Question or Issue I have always been super puzzled by this one...maybe I’m missing a setting but honestly there ...
  • sweyers
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Images doesn't load

I have a premium account in spotify and since I singed up as a premium member the images of every song I hear doesn't load. What I mean is, I am paying for a service and I expect it to work as perfect as possible. If you don't solve this problem I wi...

• I have a premium account in spotify and since I singed up as a premium member the images of every song I hear doesn't load. What I mean is, I am paying for a service and I expect it to work as perfec...
  • Elena
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Some artists missing from the "following" list

I noticed that there are some artists that I follow who do not appear in the "following" list of my profile. This is a problem when I forget the name of some of my followed artists and I don't find them no longer on the list, loosing this way the pos...

• Regular
  • I noticed that there are some artists that I follow who do not appear in the "following" list of my profile. This is a problem when I forget the name of some of my followed artists and I don't...
  • Travelguy36
  • Music Fan
  • 25 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 25 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution SERIOUS CRITICAL BUG STILL NOT FIXED: Spotify silences alarm!

Spotify will sometimes prevent iPhone alarm from going off. This issue was described in https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/9u4cqk/how_an_ios_121_bug_prevents_the_alarm_from_going/ and https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Serious-ala...

• Spotify will sometimes prevent iPhone alarm from going off. This issue was described in https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/9u4cqk/how_an_ios_121_bug_prevents_the_alarm_from_going/   and ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening to podcasts breaks Apple CarPlay

PlanFree/Premium FreeCountry USA Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)iPhone 10s MaxOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)iOS 14.2 My Question or IssueI just jumped onto Spotify for JRE Podcast. When connected to ...

• Plan Free/Premium Free Country USA   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) iPhone 10s Max Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) iOS 14.2&nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

App keeps crashing

My app keeps crashing every 10 minutes and only works when I have data or wifi. It keeps saying ‘Spotify offline’ and I can’t listen to music when I am outdoorsPlanFree/PremiumCountryUkDeviceiphone(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Op...

• Visitor
  • My app keeps crashing every 10 minutes and only works when I have data or wifi. It keeps saying ‘Spotify offline’ and I can’t listen to music when I am outdoors Plan Free/Premium Country Uk Devi...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution downloads on my iphone are no longer there

i just went to look at the downloaded albums/playlists on my iphone - they are no longer there. what happened to them?? it's empty. not a single download is there.yes i am on the latest version of the app and ios.yes i have ample available storage.

• Roadie
  • i just went to look at the downloaded albums/playlists on my iphone - they are no longer there. what happened to them?? it's empty. not a single download is there. yes i am on the latest version o...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Crashes & Closes when iPhone Auto-lock (screensaver) kicks in

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceiPhone 7 Plus, iPhone XR, iPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueThis issue surfaced a month or two ago. When playing songs from my playlist (everything on my playlist has been downloaded), Spotify crashe...

• Plan Premium Country Canada   Device iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone XR, iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue This issue surfaced a month or two ago. When playing son...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist can only be manually shuffled

My Question or IssueTop songs 2020 playlist does not have shuffle symbol imbedded in green play button at top (shuffle play) so every time it is pressed it plays the playlist in order, with no memory of the playlist being shuffled before. It is the o...

• Visitor
  •   My Question or Issue Top songs 2020 playlist does not have shuffle symbol imbedded in green play button at top (shuffle play) so every time it is pressed it plays the playlist in order, with...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iPod] Crashing in background only while online

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPod 7th genMy Question or IssueSo it took me the longest time to get spotify to stop crashing in the background in my car. Now though while I'm at home, spotify crashes in the background ONLY while I'm connected to the int...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPod 7th gen My Question or Issue So it took me the longest time to get spotify to stop crashing in the background in my car. Now though while I'm at home, spot...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes