Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Superuser Contribution [iPod] Crashing in background only while online

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPod 7th genMy Question or IssueSo it took me the longest time to get spotify to stop crashing in the background in my car. Now though while I'm at home, spotify crashes in the background ONLY while I'm connected to the int...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPod 7th gen My Question or Issue So it took me the longest time to get spotify to stop crashing in the background in my car. Now though while I'm at home, spot...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Resuming audio via bluetooth plays audio on phone instead of car

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or Issue This started happening just after the iOS 14.1 or 14.2 update. I'm not 100% sure if its a Spotify or iOS issue. When my phone connects to my car via Bluetooth, Spotify r...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue   This started happening just after the iOS 14.1 or 14.2 update. I'm not 100% sure if it...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App force closing

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 7+Operating SystemiOS 14.0.1 My Question or IssueApp closes automatically while in the middle of the listening. Has been happening all week since the latest update and I’m unable to listen fully through one song.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 7+ Operating System iOS 14.0.1   My Question or Issue App closes automatically while in the middle of the listening. Has been happening all week ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I view my Wrapped stats?

Premium; Australia; iPhone 5; had an account for years, and am a fairly heavy listener. Anyway, the issue I'm having is that I can't view my 2020 Wrapped stats. I got the email a couple days ago, and was disappointed to find the Spotify took away the...

• Regular
  • Premium; Australia; iPhone 5; had an account for years, and am a fairly heavy listener.     Anyway, the issue I'm having is that I can't view my 2020 Wrapped stats.  I got the e...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloading Podcasts subtitles for Offline Play?

I’m using iPhone XS with iOS 14.2My Question or IssueI’m trying to download Joe Rogan episodes with subtitles to play offline. The episodes downloads and plays normally but the subtitles needs internet connection to show up. I happen to work in an ar...

• I’m using iPhone XS with iOS 14.2 My Question or Issue I’m trying to download Joe Rogan episodes with subtitles to play offline. The episodes downloads and plays normally but the subtitles needs in...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t Download app

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceIphone 6SOperating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueHi, I had trouble updating my Spotify app on my iPhone 6S, so I updated the phone to iOS 14.2 thinking it would help, but it didn’t. So I removed the app from the dev...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Iphone 6S Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue Hi,  I had trouble updating my Spotify app on my iPhone 6S, so I updated the phone ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My account might be hacked

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 11 Pro Max Operating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueSongs that I liked stop playing halfway through and random songs start playing instead and get added to my liked songs/albums. This has been has been going on...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 11 Pro Max  Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue Songs that I liked stop playing halfway through and random songs sta...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I delete a playlist on iPhone app

I’ve clicked the 3 dots and delete playlist and it’s not doing anything??ive come out and restarted the app and I’ve logged out and then back in again and nothings happening?? it’s really frustrating me and I don’t know how else to delete it?? im on ...

• Visitor
  • I’ve clicked the 3 dots and delete playlist and it’s not doing anything?? ive come out and restarted the app and I’ve logged out and then back in again and nothings happening??   it’s really ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution album reading bug iPhone 12 Pro Max

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceiPhone 12 Pro Max Operating SystemiOS 14.2.1My Question or IssueWhen I start playing an album continuously or in shuffle, the album will stop playing completely after one track.To be clearer, spotify broadcasts the title...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device iPhone 12 Pro Max  Operating System iOS 14.2.1 My Question or Issue When I start playing an album continuously or in shuffle, the album will stop pl...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to download podcasts with video

PlanPremiumCountryHungaryDeviceiPhone 5sOperating SystemiOS 10My Question or IssueDownloading music, or audio only podcasts works fine, but whenever I try to download a podcast that has video, tapping the download icon does nothing. I'm on spotify ve...

• Plan Premium Country Hungary Device iPhone 5s Operating System iOS 10 My Question or Issue Downloading music, or audio only podcasts works fine, but whenever I try to download a podcast that...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution music stops every 10 seconds

Premium family planIOS14.2Iphone XR, Dell Laptop, Ipad Music stops playing every 10 sec. Tried logging out and back in. Tried CLEAN erase and reload of app. My family members accounts are working only my main account is doing this. Does this on WIFI ...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium family plan IOS14.2 Iphone XR, Dell Laptop, Ipad   Music stops playing every 10 sec.  Tried logging out and back in.  Tried CLEAN erase and reload of app.  My family m...
  • Elena
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Musixmatch doesn’t connect to spotify

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 13.4 My Question or IssueHey,So I used to use Musixmatch to get lyrics for my songs.Now, when I open Musixmatch it’s not connected to to Spotify and when I open the settings the Spotify i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 13.4   My Question or Issue Hey, So I used to use Musixmatch to get lyrics  for my songs. Now, when I open ...
  • Kutabare
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Didn't get a personalised playlist for Spotify wrapped in 2020 or 2019

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone X My Question or IssueIn 2016, 2017 and 2018 I got a personalised playlist with the songs I listened to the most each year. This year and last year, all I have gotten are the generic 'wrapped' playlists for the...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone X   My Question or Issue In 2016, 2017 and 2018 I got a personalised playlist with the songs I listened to the most each year. This year and ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Time Counter Frozen on Podcasts While Playing

The time counter freezes when playing podcasts. Also, often I listen to the same podcast over multiple car rides and when I go to pick up where I left off, the podcast starts from the beginning. With these 2 issues combined, its a terrible experience...

• Visitor
  • The time counter freezes when playing podcasts.  Also, often I listen to the same podcast over multiple car rides and when I go to pick up where I left off, the podcast starts from the beginning...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple TV 4k - cannot connect - "your trial has ended" message

PlanFreeDeviceApple TV 4kOperating SystemtvOS 14.2 Hi everyone, I am having an issue with connecting to Spotify on my Apple TV via the dedicated app. Every time I try to log in and submit the pair code on another device (I tried via my computer and p...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Device Apple TV 4k Operating System tvOS 14.2   Hi everyone, I am having an issue with connecting to Spotify on my Apple TV via the dedicated app. Every time I try to log in and...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why does my spotify yearly playlist only have 50 songs instead of 100?

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 8+)Operating System(iOS 14.1) My Question or IssueI don’t know why but i’m the only one i know of that has only 50 songs on their yearly playlist instead of 100 and i cant find anything about it online so i com...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 8+) Operating System (iOS 14.1)   My Question or Issue I don’t know why but i’m the only one i know of that has only 50 songs on th...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Tracks are unresponsive and do not play

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone XOperating System: iOS 14.2.1 My Question or Issue:This has been happening too frequently. I search for a track, select it, and the app does nothing. The track is unresponsive and sometimes t...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone X Operating System: iOS 14.2.1   My Question or Issue: This has been happening too frequently. I search for a track, selec...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution What’s the deal with wrapped?

My Question or Issue It shows a single, "god save me but don't drown me out" by a artist called "Youngblood" (stylized as "yungblud") as my top song, AND artist. I looked online, on here actually, but all that said was that it’s possible for auto pla...

• Visitor
  •     My Question or Issue   It shows a single, "god save me but don't drown me out" by a artist called "Youngblood" (stylized as "yungblud") as my top song, AND artist. I looked onl...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Default player?

PlanPremiumCountryHungaryDeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueHow can I set Spotify as the default music player? When I pull up the menu from the bottom, there is a music player tile with 3 buttons. When I press the play butt...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Hungary Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue How can I set Spotify as the default music player? When I pull up the menu from the bot...
  • rogercamps
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution I absolutely cannot connect via Chrome casting. YouTube music works fine though.

PlanPremium CountryUSADeviceiPhoneOperating iOS 10 My Question or Issueall of a sudden Spotify will not connect to either of my speakers separate or together as a group. YouTube music works fine. I’ve logged out, reinstalled, reset all devices, facto...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium  Country USA Device iPhone Operating  iOS 10   My Question or Issue all of a sudden Spotify will not connect to either of my speakers separate or together as a g...
  • P_Raw21
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes