Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!! iPhone Bug?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or IssueFor some reason when I pause my music playing on Spotify and try to lock my phone it unpauses my music. I tried seeing if the same issue arised on other music apps but i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue For some reason when I pause my music playing on Spotify and try to lock my phone it unpauses...
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Local Files not downloading onto iPhone.

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemWindows 10 Ok, I have learned from my mistake of checking to make sure my computer is connected via the same WiFi network in order to download local files onto my iPhone Spotify. But now even when the...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 7 Operating System Windows 10   Ok, I have learned from my mistake of checking to make sure my computer is connected via the same WiFi network in o...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify not showing up as status on discord

Spotify doesn’t show up as my status on discord. I have tried-uninstalling discord and Spotify.-reconnecting my accountI’m on an iPhone 6s, with the latest iOS update. I have free Spotify

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify doesn’t show up as my status on discord.  I have tried -uninstalling discord and Spotify. -reconnecting my account I’m on an iPhone 6s, with the latest iOS update. I have free Spotif...
  • Anita__xo
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has been nothing but a disaster since I installed

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: iPhone 6, iPad, Play music through Sonos Sound BarMy Question or Issue:I went all in on Spotify and got premium and installed the app on my phone, Mac and iPad. Since then, nothing works very well. Everytime I try to ...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: iPhone 6, iPad,  Play music through Sonos Sound Bar My Question or Issue: I went all in on Spotify and got premium and installed the app on my phone, Mac ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

custom equalizer settings aren’t saved everytime I reopen spotify app on ios

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone XR)Operating System(iOS 12.2) My Question or Issue question- i like my music a certain way so i use the custom equalizer settings to make my own pattern. However, everytime I exit the app and i stsrt playing my musi...

•   Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone XR) Operating System (iOS 12.2)   My Question or Issue   question- i like my music a certain way so i use the custom equalizer set...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting album tracks

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I used to be able to delete a track by tapping ‘...’ and selecting remove. This option seems to have disappeared, does anyone have a solution ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I used to be able to delete a track by tapping ‘...’ ...
  • mookid74
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes

EPs are all below Singles

Spotify currently has it organized that all the singles are listed first, then all the eps. I believe people will miss out on artists eps because they are buried beneath the singles from albums. Eps sometimes have exclusive songs or all separate song...

• Spotify currently has it organized that all the singles are listed first, then all the eps. I believe people will miss out on artists eps because they are buried beneath the singles from albums. Eps ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Nike+ app not playing Spotify playlists

I saw that this was posted about before but there was never a resolution posted. I’m having a problem where my Spotify playlist stops playing through the Nike+ Run Club app, seemingly when my phone switches from WiFi to LTE. Once this happens, someti...

• I saw that this was posted about before but there was never a resolution posted. I’m having a problem where my Spotify playlist stops playing through the Nike+ Run Club app, seemingly when my phone s...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How to “like” a track without saving it to library?

occasionally discover weekly will provide a playlist, and im curious to know how to indicate i like the song via the heart button, without adding it to the Liked Songs library. Essentially i want spotify to know I enjoyed the song and want similar re...

• occasionally discover weekly will provide a playlist, and im curious to know how to indicate i like the song via the heart button, without adding it to the Liked Songs library. Essentially i want spo...
  • AppleG
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to sort playlists on iPad as described on Help pages

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPadOperating SystemIOS12 My Question or IssueI want to sort my playlists by artist. I followed the instructions on the Help pages but pressing the three parallel lines doesn’t give me any options to sort.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iPad Operating System IOS12   My Question or Issue I want to sort my playlists by artist. I followed the instructions on the Help pages but pressing the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New UI on only my phone?

Hey, recently, my UI has been different than all my other friends with the same iPhone X. To access my liked songs, I have to go into playlists, then into liked songs. My artist page is all messed up, it’s only showing artists that I follow, not the ...

• Hey, recently, my UI has been different than all my other friends with the same iPhone X. To access my liked songs, I have to go into playlists, then into liked songs. My artist page is all messed up...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Strange layout? Read this!

So, everyone! Spotify has suddenly decided to mess up the layout completely, we are missing a repeat button, our recents lists are gone, also the artist page is useless since the last update. Even worse, spotify has no customer service to reach out t...

• Music Fan
  • So, everyone!    Spotify has suddenly decided to mess up the layout completely, we are missing a repeat button, our recents lists are gone, also the artist page is useless since the last ...
  • Mjlark
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

An Error Occurred

Hi,I have a problem on my iPad air (running iOS 12, but this has been happening since before I updated) when searching up stuff in Spotify. Whenever I type in a song, an artist, user, etc., it gives me the message "An Error Occurred", no matter what....

• Hi, I have a problem on my iPad air (running iOS 12, but this has been happening since before I updated) when searching up stuff in Spotify. Whenever I type in a song, an artist, user, etc., it give...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • An Error Occurred
    error message
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Does anyone else’s Spotify app look like this when opened?

I recently connected my Spotify to a 3rd gen echo and now my UI is pretty sparce. Is there anything I can do for this?PlanPremium

• I recently connected my Spotify to  a 3rd gen echo and now my UI is pretty sparce. Is there anything I can do for this? Plan Premium    
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't swipe to add song to queue when searching in my playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 12.1.3 My IssueAs the title says, whenever I search for a song in one of my playlists, I can't swipe right on any of the search results to add a song to the queue easily. I have to instead tap th...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 12.1.3   My Issue As the title says, whenever I search for a song in one of my playlists, I can't swipe right on any of th...
  • voidarg
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Glitch
    Swipe
    swipe to queue
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Have to keep restarting app

My IssueI have to keep restarting the app if I pause music for more than a minute. Spotify seems to crash itself if I pause music then walk away for a minute or so to go do something, which means I can't just come back to my phone and immediately res...

• Regular
  • My Issue I have to keep restarting the app if I pause music for more than a minute. Spotify seems to crash itself if I pause music then walk away for a minute or so to go do something, which means I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Crash
    freeze
    Glitch
    iOS
    music playback
    reopen
    restart
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Have to login everytime

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceiPhone 6Operating System(iOS 12.2 Spotify asks me to login everytime I open it. How can I fix it? I’ve already updated the app! thanks!

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Brazil Device iPhone 6 Operating System (iOS 12.2   Spotify asks me to login everytime I open it. How can I fix it? I’ve already updated the app!   t...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution White large buttons have fuzzy corners after 8.4.98.741

After the 8.4.98.741 update on Spotify’s iOS clients (iPad and iPhone both) the large white button style started having fuzzy corners, unlike other buttons, they aren’t completely round. Screenshots:

693A3E4F-E32E-403B-94EE-BB488DB01BBA.jpeg 227B90C4-785D-4481-BB53-EC10F0F20CA7.jpeg 9BA23527-0A7A-46FC-937D-0EA64DD86B3F.jpeg
  • Composer
  • After the 8.4.98.741 update on Spotify’s iOS clients (iPad and iPhone both) the large white button style started having fuzzy corners, unlike other buttons, they aren’t completely round.  ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Mobile
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

keep the screen of my telephone on during playing

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceiPhone 8 My Question or Issueis it possible to keep my screen on while i'm playing my spotifylist?

• Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device iPhone 8   My Question or Issue is it possible to keep my screen on while i'm playing my spotifylist?
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • playing
    Playing music
    screen
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes