Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Spotify premium and offline music

If i dont renewal my premium Sub the offline music will be available next time i become premium again?

• If i dont renewal my premium Sub the offline music will be available next time i become premium again?
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local File Album Art Not Appearing

Recently moved some albums from my local files to my spotify account. However, after adding the album art, I noticed that it did not appear on my Iphone 6. Instead, I see a gray music note. Any solutions to this?

SpotifyProblem1.jpg SpotifyProblem2.jpg
  • Recently moved some albums from my local files to my spotify account. However, after adding the album art, I noticed that it did not appear on my Iphone 6. Instead, I see a gray music note. Any solut...
  • ab-995
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

itunes music / playlists on iPhone

Hi, I've got premium now, and I imported my itunes playlists onto the mac app no problem, but when I log in on my phone, the music in my playlists (imported from itunes) doesn't show up. It just shows up as a bunch of empty playlists. It works fine o...

• Hi,   I've got premium now, and I imported my itunes playlists onto the mac app no problem, but when I log in on my phone, the music in my playlists (imported from itunes) doesn't show up. It ...
  • Jd02
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! "Repeat One" functionality question

Good day: I've tried to search for this on the board, but I couldn't find it. If this has been asked before, please forgive me. I am curious about the "Repeat One" functionality for the Spotify iOS app, compared to the desktop versions. Let's say I'm...

• Casual Listener
  • Good day:   I've tried to search for this on the board, but I couldn't find it. If this has been asked before, please forgive me. I am curious about the "Repeat One" functionality for t...
  • DillPickleChipz
  • 15 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Can't download the music for offline use

Hi all, I'm using the premium service but everytime I save the music to 'my songs' list.. It won't download! Which means I can't listen to that particular song offline. Any idea why?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, I'm using the premium service but everytime I save the music to 'my songs' list.. It won't download! Which means I can't listen to that particular song offline. Any idea why?
  • Candyrush62
  • 24 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Device won't show up in Devices

I've been using Spotify since the Fall of 2012 and have loved it. I used to use the app on my iPhone 4 and everything worked great.... until I recently upgraded to an iPhone 5. My iPhone 5 isn't showing up in the Devices section on my Desktop app and...

• Visitor
  • I've been using Spotify since the Fall of 2012 and have loved it. I used to use the app on my iPhone 4 and everything worked great.... until I recently upgraded to an iPhone 5. My iPhone 5 isn't show...
  • pejot
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing buttons on album view

The back button and ellipse buttons that usually appear in the upper left and right corners of album view mysteriously disappear. They seem to reappear when I close and re-open the app, only to disappear again after one viewing. I’m on iOS 11.2.6 for...

• The back button and ellipse buttons that usually appear in the upper left and right corners of album view mysteriously disappear. They seem to reappear when I close and re-open the app, only to disap...
  • ab-995
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Top Recommendations doesn't update. Help please!

Discover > 'Top Recommendations' doesn't update during couple weeks.What I have to do?iPhone 7 PlusiOS 11.2.5Spotify version 8.4.40

• Casual Listener
  • Discover > 'Top Recommendations' doesn't update during couple weeks. What I have to do? iPhone 7 Plus iOS 11.2.5 Spotify version 8.4.40
  • ab-995
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

i cast via iphone to home receiver. starting a week ago when the phone rings the music stops. wth?

i cast from my iphone to receiver at home. as of one week ago when a call comes in the music stops. it was always possible to talk on phone and listen to spotify premium at the same time. anyone know?

• i cast from my iphone to receiver at home. as of one week ago when a call comes in the music stops. it was always possible to talk on phone and listen to spotify premium at the same time.  anyon...
  • ab-995
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iOS app eats up more and more storage space over time

I'm encountering what seems to be a bug with the iOS Spotify app. I have only one playlist that I have downloaded for offline use with about 110 songs. I've gone through several repetitions of the following. 1. Spotify says it won't download any more...

• Regular
  • I'm encountering what seems to be a bug with the iOS Spotify app. I have only one playlist that I have downloaded for offline use with about 110 songs. I've gone through several repetitions of the fo...
  • henningb
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Your running mix

Hello!Please bring back “your running mix”.The other playlists for training on Spotify are terrible with music that doesn’t motivate you at all.The music is really boring to listen to and you can’t adjust the running/walking tempo during exercise.”Yo...

• Hello! Please bring back “your running mix”.The other playlists for training on Spotify are terrible with music that doesn’t motivate you at all.The music is really boring to listen to and you can’t...
  • Running123
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes

Lost my playlist

I recently changed my phone provider, with whom I also had spotify premium with. When I cancelled my phone subscription, I had to register once again with spotify. When I did this, my playlists or music is no longer available. How can I get this back...

• Visitor
  • I recently changed my phone provider, with whom I also had spotify premium with.  When I cancelled my phone subscription, I had to register once again with spotify.  When I did this, my pla...
  • ab-995
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Question on how thumbs up/down effect music.

Hello there, thanks for reading my question. I wasn’t sure what category or community to put this in as it doesn’t seem to fit any of them well... but I just am curious how the thumbs up/down data works compared to Pandora (as I was previously a Pand...

• Hello there, thanks for reading my question. I wasn’t sure what category or community to put this in as it doesn’t seem to fit any of them well... but I just am curious how the thumbs up/down data wo...
  • ab-995
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! An error occured

This is all I get when trying to do a search in Spotify on my iOS device. It's been like this for a couple weeks now. I've tried logging out and back in (logging in both traditionally and via Facebook). I've also attempted removing the app and reinst...

• Casual Listener
  • This is all I get when trying to do a search in Spotify on my iOS device. It's been like this for a couple weeks now. I've tried logging out and back in (logging in both traditionally and via Faceboo...
  • Ivy_burger
  • 29 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 2 likes

Re-Arrange Playlist

I have an iPhone X. Spotify app lists all playlists alphabetically. I’d like to sort by most recent? How do I make this change?

• I have an iPhone X. Spotify app lists all playlists alphabetically. I’d like to sort by most recent? How do I make this change? 
  • ab-995
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Turn off spotify connect?

Hi, I'd like to know how to turn off spotify connect, it is not a function I like to have turn on automatically when it detects other devices in the network.Many thanks

• Regular
  • Hi, I'd like to know how to turn off spotify connect, it is not a function I like to have turn on automatically when it detects other devices in the network. Many thanks
  • notnotandrea
  • 92 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 92 replies
  • 19 likes

Superuser Contribution CarPlay and Spotify...a match made in HELL

Apple's CarPlay has been out for awhile now, but Spotify hasn't seemed to address any of the major issues I and I'm sure many of you have encountered. I primarily use Spotify in my car to replace using the builtin music player. I purchased my AVH-400...

• Casual Listener
  • Apple's CarPlay has been out for awhile now, but Spotify hasn't seemed to address any of the major issues I and I'm sure many of you have encountered.  I primarily use Spotify in my car to repla...
  • In2survive
  • Music Fan
  • 89 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 89 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Mobile - Song Title/Album Title Scrolling.

There has been problems lately on my iPhone 6 Plus Spotify app my subscription on Spotify is premium and I’m pretty sure I am not the only one with the problem, some times when I click on the sides of the alphabet it doesn’t show the first song that ...

• Casual Listener
  • There has been problems lately on my iPhone 6 Plus Spotify app my subscription on Spotify is premium and I’m pretty sure I am not the only one with the problem, some times when I click on the sides o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio feature is missing

I’ve installed the latest version of Spotify on my iPhone 8 and the radio button is missing from the buttom bar, also I can’t start a song radio.. please help

• I’ve installed the latest version of Spotify on my iPhone 8 and the radio button is missing from the buttom bar, also I can’t start a song radio.. please help
  • Austin31
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Deleting Playlists on Ipad without losing them on my laptop

Maybe someone out there can help me. I use spotify premium to get playlists from my laptop to an Ipad. Sometimes I want to get rid of a playlist on the Ipad without deleting it on my laptop. Tried everything and nothing works. Whenever I want to get ...

• Casual Listener
  • Maybe someone out there can help me. I use spotify premium to get playlists from my laptop to an Ipad. Sometimes I want to get rid of a playlist on the Ipad without deleting it on my laptop. Tri...
  • Kevincraigmagic
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes