Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

I have spotify premium, why isn't it allowing me to listen offline?

• I have spotify premium, why isn't it allowing me to listen offline?
  • ErickRGuetta
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I don't see any friends for sharing?

Hi, first of all I have to say, I haven't linked my Spotify-Account with my Facebook-Account. And I have the feeling Spotify more and more force me to do that. I really hate that!If I want to share a song with my friend (I added them already), I can'...

• Regular
  • Hi,   first of all I have to say, I haven't linked my Spotify-Account with my Facebook-Account. And I have the feeling Spotify more and more force me to do that. I really hate that! If I want...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot change tracks when connected to my car iPhone cable

Just switched from IPhone 6 to 7. Use to plug in the phone (via lighting/USB cable) n play Spotify tracks. I was able to skip tracks using buttons on steering wheel. Since the switch to 7 I have lost that function and the ability to show track info o...

• Just switched from IPhone 6 to 7. Use to plug in the phone (via lighting/USB cable) n play Spotify tracks. I was able to skip tracks using buttons on steering wheel. Since the switch to 7 I have lost...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist date order

Hello! I just have one playlist on my Spotify, in which I add every song I hear and I like. What happens to me is somtimes I play it shuffle but most of the time I like to hear it starting from the last one I add. On Desktop is fine, but on the iphon...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!  I just have one playlist on my Spotify, in which I add every song I hear and I like. What happens to me is somtimes I play it shuffle but most of the time I like to hear it starting fro...
  • Ingredient
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Changed my settings and now my iOS music is gone

A while ago, I deleted my Spotify app for the summer. Then, back in September, I decided I wanted to re-download it. However, when I went to log in, a thing came up that said, "you can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days." I'd just changed schools, a...

• A while ago, I deleted my Spotify app for the summer. Then, back in September, I decided I wanted to re-download it. However, when I went to log in, a thing came up that said, "you can only use Spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Device Management

How can you tell how many songs are downloaded onto your device? seeing as the limit is 3333, how can you tell how close you are to the limit?

• Visitor
  • How can you tell how many songs are downloaded onto your device? seeing as the limit is 3333, how can you tell how close you are to the limit?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Old app update

Hey guys, I'm sure this is a simple solution for this - but I am not able to sort this out on my own. The problem is, I am not getting the newest look for Spotify on my Apple iPhone 6S+. Running iOS 10.1 right now, but it has been the same in iOS 9 a...

• Casual Listener
  •  Hey guys,   I'm sure this is a simple solution for this - but I am not able to sort this out on my own. The problem is, I am not getting the newest look for Spotify on my Apple iPhone 6S...
  • handari
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution help for my premium account

cant register premium does not receive pin txt message.TALK AND TEXT SUBSCRIBER

• Regular
  • cant register premium does not receive pin txt message.TALK AND TEXT SUBSCRIBER
  • MaryS
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify app on my phone wont allow me to log on

Hi -I can log on to the spotify with my account on my lap top and I see my playlists, but the app on my iphone 6 does not have the option to login. How can I resolve this? Do I need to pay for the app on my phone in order for spotify to work on my ph...

• Hi - I can log on to the spotify with my account on my lap top and I see my playlists, but the app on my iphone 6 does not have the option to login. How can I resolve this? Do I need to pay for the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium not work

Hi Guys,I pay for premium but Spotify show me that I have only a free subscription.I already logoff, start session again, reinstall the app, etc.Any idea?My ID mipro1940Thanks in advance.

• Hi Guys, I pay for premium but Spotify show me that I have only a free subscription. I already logoff, start session again, reinstall the app, etc. Any idea? My ID mipro1940 Thanks in advance.
  • Smaturin66
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When connect to my car stereo, I can't listen to music, this since the last iPhone update! Help

Armada doesn't recognize the phone, it said that iPod not connected, and no music found, this since last IOS update!

• Casual Listener
  • Armada doesn't recognize the phone, it said that iPod not connected, and no music found, this since last IOS update!
  • roromirey
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify premium not working on phone and still getting commercials on desktop

I just upgraded for my free trial of spotify premium, and when I go to the account section, it says it's activated and I got a reciept from paypal. But on my desktop, I am still getting commercials, and on my iphone 4s it says only premium users can ...

• Casual Listener
  • I just upgraded for my free trial of spotify premium, and when I go to the account section, it says it's activated and I got a reciept from paypal.  But on my desktop, I am still getting commerc...
  • lusijacobo98
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify interface

Hi everybody !Why my interface is like that ?What I need to do to get the "normal" display ?Thank you !

• Visitor
  • Hi everybody ! Why my interface is like that ? What I need to do to get the "normal" display ? Thank you !
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck on Filter Downloads screen and cannot get out

I have a free account and went into my library to change the sort by option in artist. I accidentally clicked the filter by downloads option. Now when I go into the artist category it shows a screen with the only option to browse for artists. If i cl...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a free account and went into my library to change the sort by option in artist.  I accidentally clicked the filter by downloads option.  Now when I go into the artist category it sho...
  • adejak123
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

shuffle play does not work on iphone. im not a paid user. is it required to pay in order to use now?

So I am not a paid user, and I cannot use spotify on my mobile device (iPhone). did spotify change the policy recently?

• So I am not a paid user, and I cannot use spotify on my mobile device (iPhone). did spotify change the policy recently?
  • musiccornercv
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks stop playing after 5-15 seconds??

For the last month I've been having this issue. I am using spotify premium on an iphone 5s (lastest operating system and the app is up to date). When I am streaming 9 out of 10 times the tracks stops right at the beggining, usually 6, 10 or 15 second...

• Regular
  • For the last month I've been having this issue. I am using spotify premium on an iphone 5s (lastest operating system and the app is up to date). When I am streaming 9 out of 10 times the tracks stops...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Disable Spotify Connect

Was just wondering if there is any way to turn off spotify connect. It's really annoying because I share my account with my sibiling and we can't listen to music seperately. I would get spotify family, but it's $15 and it would only be my sister and ...

• Was just wondering if there is any way to turn off spotify connect. It's really annoying because I share my account with my sibiling and we can't listen to music seperately. I would get spotify famil...
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Not Syncing

Just as the title says, my offline files are not syncing between my devices. The files are on my desktop (running Win10), but will not sync on my Macbook and iPhone. Running newest spotify version on all devices. Please help, thanks.

• Just as the title says, my offline files are not syncing between my devices. The files are on my desktop (running Win10), but will not sync on my Macbook and iPhone. Running newest spotify version on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local
    local files
    offline sync
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Will 'Weekly' refreshing playlists refresh and download using cellular data?

I have a few of the Fresh Finds playlists and the Discover Weekly playlist set to be available offline. If the 'Download Using Cellular' option is enabled (in the Streaming Quality menu), will these playlist automatically refresh and download the new...

• Regular
  • I have a few of the Fresh Finds playlists and the Discover Weekly playlist set to be available offline.   If the 'Download Using Cellular' option is enabled (in the Streaming Quality menu), wi...
  • mateusgennari
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Download

Hi just want to know what the download button is for in my playlist do I need to have it on what happens if I do turn it on, do I get charged for anything or do i need to download my playlist for any reason. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi just want to know what the download button is for in my playlist do I need to have it on what happens if I do turn it on, do I get charged for anything or do i need to download my playlist for any...
  • Lllemming
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes