Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I purchased spotify premium, but it isn't working

Solved!

I purchased spotify premium, but it isn't working

I subscribed and paid for spotify premium yesterday, but I still can't listen to songs that I have listened to more than 5 times and I still have a limit on the hours I can listen to. I have tried logging in and out of spotify, I have restarted my laptop twice, and I even downloaded spotify again. Please help. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@nebria wrote:

Another data point -- signed up for Premium trial, got receipt. Have followed uninstall directions and restarted. Still offers me ads, upgrade and got select Premium preference options.

[Mac rMBP, OS 10.8.2]

Thanks.

Hey 🙂

Welcome to the community! 

As @

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

66 Replies

Hey!

Welcome to the community 🙂

Are you sure you are signing into your account using the same details as you did when you purchased premium? Its amazingly easily to accidentally have 2 accounts, a spotify one and then a facebook one. 

Its worth checking out, if you sign into your online account does it say you have premium? 

If not I can escalate this for a staff member to look into for you 😉

Peter

Peter

I only have a facebook spotify, and at the top of my spotify it does actually say "spotify premium", it just wont let me play my favourite songs? I just tried logging in again and it still isn't working. 

Have you tried a clean reinstallation of the client?

It normally sorts out most small bugs. Don't worry your playlists will be saved 😉

Peter

Peter

I just did that clean up thing, I uninstalled spotify, restarted my laptop and then reinstalled spotify... And it's still not working! 😞 

I'm going to escalate this topic to the forum staff for you, see if one of them can look into this for you.

Definitely something weird going on! Especially if it says "Spotify Premium" at the top of your client.

Peter

Peter

ClaireMorgan - This sounds weird. Your Premium is running fine, so you shouldn't have any limits at all.

Could you possibly post a screenshot of some of the songs that don't play?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have been charged, and I haven't get premium.. I checked my "SALDO" yesterday and I have been charged.. But I haven't get premium? Why?

It's probably best if you get in touch with our payments team here. They'll be able to look into this further.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

So I decided to upgrade to premium, tried logging in and out and I still don't have my upgrade!!! How do I get it??

hi, i chanche my account but how can i chance mij emailadrees..because spotify is not weking now..???

I'm having the same problems, I've uninstalled twice and logged in through Facebook and spotify. Still not able to run as premium.

Oct 18 I subscribed and paid for spotify unlimitted then immediately upgraded to premium today. but I still can't listen to songs that require premium memership . I have tried logging in and out of spotify, I have restarted my cell twice, and I even downloaded spotify again. Please help. 

I have the same problem 😞

@Kachelhofer wrote:
I'm having the same problems, I've uninstalled twice and logged in through Facebook and spotify. Still not able to run as premium.

Your account has definitely been upgraded to Premium. However, you say you logged in through FB and Spotify? Do you have a Spotify username? We're only seeing the account linked to your Facebook. 

@mandiisue214 - Your upgrade has also gone through. Have you done a quick sign out/ sign with your FB email and password?

Yes I have multiple times, and I've reinstalled restarted my phone, deleted it from my Facebook. I've done everything.

Similar thing is happening to me, it will work on my PC, but my S2 keeps telling me I need to upgrade to premium. Have you had any luck? I emailed customer service but haven't heard anything...

Hi everyone - Thanks for letting us know you're having some trouble. Seems some upgrades aren't going through at the moment. 

We've got our team investigating as we speak. The moment I've got an update you guys will have one too. 

Edit: If you already, please log out and log back in twice. Let us know if that sorts out your subscription.

I have signed out of my facebook and logged back in and it's still not letting me proceed as premium. I've logged into it by both methods.

Thank you!

Suggested posts