Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

70 downloads in error

Solved!

70 downloads in error

My spotify account is telling me that I have 70 downloads to use, I have just been charged £45 for this although I did NOT make these downloads nor is there anything in the download section.  I do not understand how this would have happened.  How do I go about getting a refund for this?  Has my account been hacked?  Or do I have to go paypal to report an unauthorised transaction?  When it comes to sums of money it is reassuring to have a telephone number to call rather than sending a query that you are not sure how long will take for it to be responded to...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just to let you know that I received my refund this afternoon, which is pretty good considering it all happened yesterday evening.  I don't know whether my email to premium-gbp@spotify.com which was on the paypal invoice helped too but thought it worth a mention for any future problems for others.

Thank you to the other community member for their support and reassurance.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there!

Welcome to the community 🙂

I would suggest you head over to the online contacts form and get in touch with the payments team directly. They will be able to assist you and look into transactions on your account. If you recieve an automated email reply, just reply directly back to that message and it will be sent to a member of the team who can help you. The Spotify team aim to answer all queries within 24-48 hours.

I would also highly recommend that you change your Spotify password, and any other critical passwords if you think the security of any of your computers has been compromised. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for your reply.  I received an automated response from noreply@salesforce.com - are you saying that I should reply to that message?

Not sure why its @salesforce.com and not Spotify but yes, reply to it anyways! What harm can it do 😉

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

Just to let you know that I received my refund this afternoon, which is pretty good considering it all happened yesterday evening.  I don't know whether my email to premium-gbp@spotify.com which was on the paypal invoice helped too but thought it worth a mention for any future problems for others.

Thank you to the other community member for their support and reassurance.

Glad this is sorted 🙂 

Can you just mark your own post as the solution so others can know this is solved.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts