Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't purchase music :(

Solved!

Can't purchase music :(

Hi there! I'm trying to purchase mp3 downloads of some songs, but I can't because there's a problem with the login window that pops up (with the heading 'Sign-in to purchase music'). My spotify username is different to my email address, but that window pre-fills the username field with my email address, and it's read-only. When I enter my password (correctly), it says invalid username/password, which is true -- I can see the username is invalid, but I can't change it!

Any ideas? I would just change my username to be my email address, but I can't see anywhere to do that, so I'm a bit stuck!

Many thanks!

Adrian

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Adrian,

Welcome to the Community! Sorry to hear this. Could you log out of your Spotify for us, then log back in. However, this time, use your Spotify username and password to log in. Not your Facebook details.

If you could then try buying some downloads again, your Spotify username should show up.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi Adrian,

Welcome to the Community! Sorry to hear this. Could you log out of your Spotify for us, then log back in. However, this time, use your Spotify username and password to log in. Not your Facebook details.

If you could then try buying some downloads again, your Spotify username should show up.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks! That worked (though I already bought the track I wanted from somewhere else, but I'll surely buy more stuff now 🙂

Suggested posts