Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone else is using my Spotify account

Solved!

Someone else is using my Spotify account

Hi there,

I've used my Spotify on a few laptops that haven't been my own, but have always signed out (to my knowledge). Lately, I've had my sessions paused due to signing in elsewhere, and have noticed random starred tracks in my account. I've just changed my password, but is there anything you can do to help?

Thanks,

S

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey staralfur11, welcome to the Community.

I've just disconnected all active connections on the account (sorry if that kicked you out). That now means that anyone logging in again would need to use the new password, if you've changed it recently.

Hopefully that should prevent any unwanted access.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Jensenjr & Nienya - If I was to disconnect all devices, you'd need to re-sync your offline playlists. Would you still like me to do so? Before we do this, I'd suggest a simple password reset, as this will kick out anyone in the account: http://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

Mierin - I've just disconnected your devices. However, I'd suggest changing your password too.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

@misterfoss wrote:

Hey David, i'm having the same problem, someone else is using my spotify, and I can't figure out who it is.
Changed the password, but didnt change a thing.

So could you or any moderator force a logout? 🙂

Much obliged!

-misterfoss

Done.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Marked as solution

Hi Dave.

I have logged out all sessions. That will mean you need to log back in too.

Marked as solution

@m3zz0 wrote:

Please do a forced logout on my account.

Thanks in advance!

user: thomas.dirks

Yep that's done 🙂

Marked as solution

jginternational kassewyski -  done!

I've also set up a dedicated sticky thread to clean up this process. Please direct any further requests here.

264 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey staralfur11, welcome to the Community.

I've just disconnected all active connections on the account (sorry if that kicked you out). That now means that anyone logging in again would need to use the new password, if you've changed it recently.

Hopefully that should prevent any unwanted access.

Thanks so much! 

Hey Richard, could you please do the same thing for me. I've got the same situation.

I posted here because I thought it was pointless to create a new post. 

Thanks. 

AnnaArchne - Done - You should be able to log in just fine now. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

I am also having this problem!

Can´t remember to have used my account from any other computer than my own, and I´ve changed the password...

Linn1gel - Okay, I've disconnected all sessions now. You might want to change your password as well.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I'm experiencing the same problem. Could you do this for me as well?

thx

hrade - I've done that for you now. I would also recommend you requesting a password reset email here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I lent my account to a friend who now i do not speak to and i constantly 'online' so i cannot play many songs without turning my wireless off. i have changed my password but thats hasnt changed anything. HELP! thanks

I'm having the same problem! And the songs that the other person is playing are also being posted to my facebook account. 

I've disconnected all online sessions on both your accounts. Please now try a password reset and see how you get on.

hey, I'm having the same problem, could you do the same for me perhaps?

FiRalph - We can't follow the same steps with you, I'm afraid. However, you can sort yourself out with a new password. This should stop any unusual activity. Just head here: https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hey, I already changed my password since I started having the problem and unfortunately it didn't stop the issue. Is there anything else that can be done?

Yeah sure, but you'll need to contact Customer Support, as some security details are needed. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as they can.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I'm having the same problem.. Can you help me? I have already changed my password.

Hey JRostrom, welcome to the Community.

There doesn't appear to be anyone else using your account at the moment. However, it does look like you've got two accounts - which could cause some problems. See my instructions here to get this sorted.

Hi, I'm also having the same problem. Is it possible to have my account logged out of all devices being used without deleting my offline playlists? I've already changed my password. Thank you!

Suggested posts