Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Not Connecting to Facebook

Account Not Connecting to Facebook

When using the spotify app on my macbook and on my iphone, my username is showing as a numeric string and my profile picture is not displaying. It seems that for some reason spotify is having trouble connecting with my facebook account. Of note, I made my spotify account via facebook, so they are not merely "linked" but one account. I have read many help topics on this issue but have not been able to solve it. So far I have tried:

1) Logging in and out of spotify on desktop and mobile apps

2) Deleting the apps and reinstalling them

3) Deleting the facebook app, then logging back into spotify, then giving the facebook app full permissions again

4) Clicking "account" from the spotify menu, which takes me to my logged in Premium account with the correct information and profile pic

None of these have solved the issue. Please advise. 

Other details: 

Plan: Premium

Device: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) and iPhone 7

Operating System: High Sierra, iOS12

6 Replies

I would suggest you call customer service 

The whole point of posting here is to receive customer service. 🙄

I mean have you called customer service 

I know what you meant. It appears you didn't quite catch what I meant, though. What I meant is that your comment is useless, as there is no customer service number to call. Spotify literally has a page entitled, "Why we don't offer phone support." The way you receive customer service is by posting on this forum, which is exactly what I've done. If you've nothing useful to contribute, please stop posting here. 

I have experienced this before I never found a trust solution to the problem with I do apologize for me not being able to help you I didn’t mean to waste your time 

Hey @adcaelum.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community about this - we'll be happy to help 🙂

Hm, that's odd! Have you tried enabling permissions from your Spotify account page? You need to go here and then under Manage your data > Facebook data enable the 'Process my Facebook data' option.

Let us know if this works! If not, then feel free to get back to us and we'll give you some further troubleshooting to do 🙂

Suggested posts