Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account disabled

Account disabled

I have a mail saying my account has been disabled due to suspicion streaming!!!?

What does that mean? Spotify is a streaming service, it is mainly used for my baby on his iPod to help him sleep, I would like a more detailed explanation !

Case # 00671334

8 Replies

Also just to add to this i've been a paying member since 2010, this is poor form, without warning or explantion not a good way to treat customers, looks like i'll use Xbox Music service as they don't just disable accounts without notice and delete 3 years of playlists. 

They did this to me too, after 4 days they sent me an email saying they had noticed suspicious streaming, when i asked what they ment by that they have just ignored me.

Hi guys,

I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you. Our payments team are on the case. You should hear something back soon.

johndrmg - Do you have a case number at hand?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

How can it be a payment issue? as i can see funds have been taking from my account 13th April 2013 ? 

Sorry, I should have been clearer. Any case where the account has been disabled is dealt with by the payments team.

If you have any questions regarding this, you'll need to ask them. We can't help with this here, I'm afraid.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yes the case number I can see is #00669230,

so i got a response

Hey there,

We're writing to let you know that your Spotify account has been disabled because we have detected unusually high streaming activity on the account. 

This means that one or more individual tracks or artist have been streamed an unusually large number of times. If you believe that this has happened in error, please reply to us again explaining the nature of the error, and it will be investigated further.

Any paid subscription has been cancelled.

so as i have said we leave the ipod playing each night for my little one so he sleeps through the night, not anywhere does it say on spotify there is a limit at how many times you can listen to an artist!!! this is a joke - disable account and ask questions later - what is the point for paying for a streaming service only to have it cancelled for listening to an artist or song X number of times everyday !!!!! 

Well done Spotify you have lost a valued customer to Microsoft and i'll shall be passing on my fustrations to others on how to handle Customers.

johndrmg - Thanks for that. You should get an email back shortly.

nowtbut69 - I apologise for the hassle. I really do. You should hear back from us in the near future.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts