Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accounts getting hacked, leaked

Accounts getting hacked, leaked

Hi, I noticed back in April that my Premium account had been hacked and someone added a ton of French rap songs. I followed the steps Spotify advised to take, and they do not appear to be in my account anymore. However, there is a forum known as "Nulled" and they have quite a few Spotify account dumps posted by various users. I am afraid my account is within those dumps. Spotify needs to implement 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) because I just do not feel safe renewing my Premium subscription. It is easy for someone to gain access to the account, have it logged out everywhere and change the password, leaving the rightful owner of the account without it. Spotify needs to improve their security as well as implement 2FA as it has been suggested by many users. Thank you

3 Replies

Hi @smithben550, welcome to the Spotify Community!

We’re sorry to hear that. Check out https://support.spotify.com/article/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-account/ for what to do next. If you already change your password and logged out everywhere, we'd recommend following the step number 2 in that link.

Have a nice day 🙂

Thanks, I will follow part 2.

You too!

Hey @smithben550.

No worries!

We'll be here if you have any other questions in the future.

Take care, and have a lovely day,

/M

Suggested posts