Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add people/friends without facebook accounts

Solved!

Add people/friends without facebook accounts

I have some friends who are not on facebook but who have premium spotify accounts.

Is there way to add them to my friends toolbar?

Thanks!

157 Replies

@googlia - The follow pages can sometimes take a little time to update. If you right click on a track then press share, can you share find their name in the share box?

If you can, you are definitely following them.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

yea, how long is "a little time" because it's been over a year....

It still doesn't work....spotify:user:username this doesnt work

I find it works in about 25% of cases.

spotify:user:username should always work providing the username you are searching for is a Spotify username that exists (since it is essentially a direct link to the profile page). It is worth remembering that Spotify accounts created via Facebook have numerical usernames.

Peter

Realy good

I do not see anywhere that you can add someone as a friend it says follow but i am following but the person is not showing up in any people list or friendlist.  I have attached a screeenshot on what i see on my friends page. 

spotify.png

dont waste your breathe, or i guess finger dexterity trying to get them to fix this issue. i've tried for months..... NO FRIENDS FOR YOU (soup nazi voice)

Does the person not show up if you go to your profile by clicking your name in the top right corner, then selecting "Following"?

Peter

Yes it shows on my computer. but i can't find the person on my phone or ipad unless it's a friend. That's why I want to make friends so that i can go in to their profile on all my devices. 

I can utilise the spotify:user:username to find my friend, however am then only given the option to 'folllow', there is no 'add'.

I can't get them to send me a file, nor do the same, as I need to add them first as a friend to be able to send the file!

Help please!

Follow and being friends on Spotify are the same thing, you need to be following someone in order to share tracks/messages with them.

Peter

Thanks Peter.
Does that then mean that i cannot share unless my friend is also "following" me?
As I can see I am now "following" her but still cannot share with her.

Which app are you trying to share from?

Peter

I've tried both spotify for Android (Samsung Galaxy S4) and web...

Non-Facebook sharing won't work from the mobile app, but it should work from the web as far as I know. Can you follow and send me a track?
http://play.spotify.com/user/hammeh

Peter

OK. So can't share from the mobile app because I choose not to use Facebook.
Nice one.
I have managed to send by Web interface. You should have received?

@jesstoneherbert - Did you send something to me?

Peter

How do I send one of my playlists to another Spotify user.  Everything I have tried has failed.

If you aren't both connected to facebook, you need to find and follow the other user. Get them to tell you their spotify username then type this in the search bar in the desktop client or web player to find them:

spotify:user:<their username>

Once you have found them, follow them and you will be able to share music with them.

Suggested posts