Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding Picture to Profile

Solved!

Adding Picture to Profile

It seems like I should be able to add my picture to the profile but I can't.  Is this feature only available if you link it to your facebook?

If there's a way to add profile pictures WITHOUT linking to Facebook please let me know.

THANKS!!

297 Replies

Make sure you're in your primary PC or Mac account. It won't work if you're
on another device in the app.

This doesn't work for me yet either.

Just to clarify, where are you clicking on the account image?

"https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/"?

or on some other page?

@those having issues/not being able to change the profile picture: for me the feature finally appeared after I installed the 1.0.41 update for the desktop client (Mac).
You guys might want to check the "About Spotify" tab to see if there's an update available for you and if so, download it from there.

@bryanjj, afaik you need the desktop client to change the image. Click on your username in the top right corner and hover over the default avatar on your profile page.

@lucysky thanks that worked!

@bryanjj wrote:

@lucysky thanks that worked!

Great! 🙂

hover you mouse over your profile circle where a picture should be, and instead of change it should say upload or something.

Make sure that you're using the actual Spotify App on the desktop or phone and not on the web page for spotify. This was the only way that I could change my profile picture. I hope this helps 🙂

Is this the same for iPad devices or is this feature only available on desktops and laptops? 

Cheers

No, this is the web page. You need to be in the application itself.

"Is this the same for iPad devices or is this feature only available on desktops and laptops?

Cheers"

I'm not sure... I don't have one, but it should be easy to check from your app. I would assume it would work if you use your Spotify app on there to listen to your music. From your app, just click on your profile and see if you can add your image.

It would sure be nice if someone from Spotify would jump in and give everyone some actual directions that are detailed enough for their users to be able to accomplish this!

Go to the place where you initially signed up for Spotify. It is awfully
difficult it seems - barring some explanation from Spotify I'd say sign in
to Spotify in every device you own, try all the apps, try the website sign
in, flood the world with your attempts and somewhere, somehow, I believe
good things will happen for you.

Hi everyone!
With pleasure I've read about this new feature. Unfortunately I didn't get it, how to do. It would be nice, if someone could help. I followed the instruction until the overview and the place for profile picture. When I click the icon with the 3 dots, there only appears a context menu with 2 options for copying profil link and spotify uri. What do I wrong?
Settings: Premium user, Spotify desktop 1.0.20.101.ge6957e14, Windows XP, SP3.
spotify-avatar.jpg

Hi Andreas, I'm pretty sure you need version 1.0.42 of the Spotify desktop client for this to work - I only got the feature once I installed this specific update. If you don't have that version yet, download it from "Help">"About Spotify", install it, restart and you should see a little "change" button appear when hovering over your grey-head-avatar; it's invisible until you hover your mouse over the exact spot.

EDIT: ah darn, I didn't read your post carefully enough, it seems 😉 do you even get updates for Spotify anymore? I just now saw that you're on 1.0.20....

ChangeProfilePic.png

Yeah, that's the problem. I also thought about a fresher version and tried this morning to download a new. But 1.0.20... is the latest for xp. Any ideas? (would be great!)

Ahh too bad... hm, the only thing I can think of: ask a friend with the current version of the desktop client if you can log in real quick on their PC with your credentials. You could then add a picture and it would sync over to your account (the image propagates across all devices logged into the same account). That said, I'm not sure if your version, 1.0.20, would be able to fetch the image... since it was released a while before that feature was even added. But I'm really just guessing here, sorry 😕 maybe one of the forum regulars can clarify (?).

Wow lucysky that's a great idea. Others could see it even if he can't from his/her do machine. And he/she could see it on his phone/iPad etc. Strong work!

Spotify finally did something useful; now if they could make their service available all over the world, that would be great.

At last I used a different PC with Win 10 like Lucy Sky suggested. That didn't solve the problem for XP-users, but for the moment I have also an avatar. 🙂 (jump) Nevertheless I appreciate a comming XP solution.

Suggested posts