Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Being Bombarded By Spam Bot in My Messages Inbox

Being Bombarded By Spam Bot in My Messages Inbox

For the past several weeks, I've been bombarded by some spambot that sends me their playlist. It's always the same playlist ("New Playlist 5"), but it's a different user every time.  The usernames are always a string of pseudo-random characters (e.g."owebrilinninparinoweo", also see attached screenshot), but it's a game of whack-a-mole for me.  I can block each individual user, but it doesn't stop the influx of spam.

Please help me stop this.

PS - Feature request: much better inbox management tools are needed.  Bulk select, bulk delete, mark as read, etc.

Pasted_Image_7_10_15__7_45_AM.png
40 Replies

Exact same thing is happening to me and it won't let me delete one of the messages or block the user so it constantly says I have 1 notification and it won't go away! Driving me crazy! Really would love a way to permanently delete messages in my inbox and/or filter spam messages! 

I got Spam too

also always the Artist Roman Olegov

Usernames are:

nferogrlynn

indembozkurt

Playlists created by:

indinm-injoe

feolgrounonzinleza

They are following me too.

Can you please do something and remove these Bots from my Profile?

Having the same problem. Endless spam. Usually for the same playlist. The users are:

afero-oweech

pepplootepres

niennelfgrorte

driatuuule

edddeweuelese

noweunershenbfuowey

Would be nice to have a "Report Spam" option.

I have the same issue, I keep getting these spam messages/playlist atleast once a day.. It's really annoying and I have to click the freaking message to make the icon disappear.. 

Hopefully a fix (or option to disable messages from strangers) soon! 🙂

Knipsel.PNG

same problem here also. although i can imagine this is actually affecting everyone.

Thank you for the heads up everyone!

We're currently investigating this on our end as we speak.

We should have an update to share shortly.

+1

+1 here

Those are some of the spammers that are following me. I don't understand why I am not able to remove them off my list.

Capturar.PNG

Exact same problem here...

Sort it quickly please

Oh... and thanks for the terrible Avitar pic 😕 

Adding my voice to the list of people getting spammed by random playlists. What is the point of them anyway?

I'm getting the same problem, which I was just about to make a topic about it.

More to the point, all the messages are tracks sent to me by apparent spam users, all who have questionably similarly gibberish names.

mbingrunun.png

The top three, and bottom user in the messages tap all fit the bill. Notice the uncanny similarity between the user who sent the playlist in the picture ('mbingrunun80', whatever that's supposed to mean) and the user who created the playlist, 'mbingrconnect'. Clearly they're some form of spam accounts, but I can't understand what they're trying to gain by sending out playlists to random users?

Here's another earlier message from the same user. Again, check the name of the user an playlist. I see a pattern here.

Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 12.49.54.png

Hey there @spoike!

Thank you so much for that post! I'll be escalating this to the team right away! 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hi Merik, Thank you for anwser, the messages just contain playlists links to spotify music or links to songs to unkown artists. But still is quite anoying.

@oliverhr wrote:
HiMerik, Thank you foranwser, the messages just containplaylists links tospotify music or links to songs tounkown artists. But still is quiteanoying.

No worries @oliverhr! Spotify is currently investigating this issue and will hopefully have some updates on it soon! I'll update this topic when I hear something!

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

I have the same problem, except I've tried blocking the user on one message and it will not remove it. So it always says I have one message in my inbox at all times - which as a zero inbox personal is killing me, especially as it's just spam. Please help me fix it.

You need to make proper inbox management tools and make it so I can choose to not receive messages from people I don't know.

Screen Shot 2015-08-19 at 10.52.26 (2).png

Also the syncing across device is poor to. As I've deleted it from my phone and it keeps reappearing.

The exact same thing was happening to me - it kept saying I had one message/notification from a spammer and the notification would not go away no matter what I did. I had to contact Spotify directly and they had to create a new account for me and migrate over all of my saved artists, playlists and follwers. The only thing they can't migrate over is your subscriptions but it was totally worth it. No more little red dot on my spotify app! Plus they gave me a free month of premium to make up for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately I get spam messages as well, in case it helps: here are the names and albums they link to:

Names:
nfgrfrrow51y
afgrowecuaee
Nurdgrortenberry
mbanunininlonso

Playlists:
streets - by nedfnclfyton (from 2 users spammed to)
new playlist 5 - by mbingrconnect
new playlist - by mbingrconnect
New Playlist 2 - indinm-injoe
Club surfers - mbninunrinncio

Hopefully something can be done about it so I don't get these inbox messages anymore:)

Suggested posts