Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blocked creditcard and Spotify Family

Blocked creditcard and Spotify Family

Hello,

I had to block my credit card and I'm waiting for my new card to arrive. Until then, I don't have a credit card. In a few days however, Spotify will charge my (blocked) card for the next month (Premium Family). What will happen? Will I be downgraded to the free version until I enter my new credit card? And what will happen with playlists and donwloaded (on sd card) songs of me and my familymembers?

1 Reply

Hello @DaBo1. From past experience when my old card expired, I know that Spotify will (should) give you a few days grace period if the system is unable to charge you when it is time. If you are able to resolve this before it tries again, there should be no further issues. 

On individual accounts, non-payment results in the account being totally locked, and the user has to contact support to get the account unlocked. I am not sure what happens in the case of a family plan, but I assume it would be similar.

I would personally recommend canceling your family plan before the renewal date. You'll retain your premium and all your offline content until you entirely run out of premium time. After that you'll lose access to offline tracks, and they'll be removed from your devices, but re-downloading tracks will likely be less effort than getting an account unlocked. Note that all your playlists, etc, will remain as they are. You'll just have ads and won't have offline access. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns; hopefully I answered your question. Cheers!

Suggested posts