Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CD Importing?

Solved!

CD Importing?

I just got the Taylor Swift Red CD, since it's not on Spotify. It's a real CD, not an album bought on iTunes because those never work for me. I have no idea how to put this album onto my Spotify playlist. Is it even possible? If it is, how do you do it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The easiest way to do it would be to rip the tracks from the CD using Windows Media Player and save them on your hard drive. Spotify should then automatically see them as local files if you have Windows Media Player selected as a source in your Edit > Preferences menu. The guide I normally follow is here.

I apologize if you are using a Mac 😛 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Plug into your computer and download them from there

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The easiest way to do it would be to rip the tracks from the CD using Windows Media Player and save them on your hard drive. Spotify should then automatically see them as local files if you have Windows Media Player selected as a source in your Edit > Preferences menu. The guide I normally follow is here.

I apologize if you are using a Mac 😛 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you! I'm ripping them now! 🙂 don't worry, it's a PC! Sorry for not saying that...

Worked for me, but when I try to send the songs I've imported to the Spotify app on my phone to the ChromeCast, it doesn't work. Is it not possible?

This worked well up until trying to play the songs on the iPhone app. They're greyed out as if they're not available, and when I add them to a playlist and set them to download the app tells me they're "waiting to be downloaded"... It's been thirty minutes and nothing happened yet, any ideas? Thanks and good day

Marked as solution

Plug into your computer and download them from there

Suggested posts