Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

COMPLETE IGNORANCE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

COMPLETE IGNORANCE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

I have bought three months of Spotify as a gift for someone and have never managed to redeem this. I have contacted customer service numerous times with no reply!! Nothing!!! Is this really possible?!? I mean I was so happily using the service until this!..

I am writing here as my last resort!.. After this I'll contact the bank to get my money back!.. This is such an unacceptable behaviour! Even the lamest apps have some kind of support! At least a reply!.. Anything!!
14 Replies

@gelost wrote:
I have bought three months of Spotify as a gift for someone and have never managed to redeem this. I have contacted customer service numerous times with no reply!! Nothing!!! Is this really possible?!? I mean I was so happily using the service until this!..

I am writing here as my last resort!.. After this I'll contact the bank to get my money back!.. This is such an unacceptable behaviour! Even the lamest apps have some kind of support! At least a reply!.. Anything!!

I'm sorry to hear about this! Do you have a case # from an auto-reply email when you submitted your request? I can escalate it to make sure someone follows up on this.

Que tal! el mismo caso, contrate premium y continuo apareciendo como free, y servicio a cliente no me dado ningún servicio.

Hola @arturo_galvez17 ! Lo siento, mi español es inadecuada. ¿Recibió un número de caso en un email? Publique su número de caso por favor.

I had plenty!!! Until yesterday when I followed some of the advice here to reply to the no-reply email and finally got a - generic - answer!

And in the end, I solved the problem by myself and I will post it in a separate thread.. Essentially it has to do with the billing country. I cannot believe you guys have screwed up so badly the customer support. I'm leaving Spotify on the first opportunity - maybe Google Play?..

I mean seriously, I have contacted a ton of custromer support representatives for all kinds of different services and it is the first time that I have to reply to a NO-REPLY email to get someone to plainly reply to me - you know the robot-type answer that just replies generic instructions, like copy the code and paste it.. DUHHH?!? I've done that?!?!

So, to cut a long story short, WHEN YOU BUY SPOTIFY AS A GIFT TO SOMEONE, IF THAT SOMEONE LIVES IN A DIFFERENT COUNTRY, YOUR CODE DOESN'T WORK! - SOLUTION: THEY HAVE TO CHANGE THE COUNTRY THEN REDEEM THE GIFT.

That really sounds as ridiculous as your customer support. The unfortunate thing for me is that I really loved the service and although I would never pay for music that does not stay on my machine, everything else, the quality, the breadth of the collection, all of it somehow convinced me.. But customer support SUCKS BIG TIME!

FIx the freaking no-reply thing ppl.. For f...s sake!!!

I purchased a gift subscription by visa payment 28th November for my daughter in the UK and have a confirmatory e-mail with the following details. Date: 2014-11-28 08:05 UTC and an Order ID

The e-mail with link was promised to be delivered 13/12/14 but no e-mail has been received. The payment has been taken from my account already.

The Spotify website/customer services is utterly unhelpful! The contact form only allows set questions from a drop down menu and the options are irrelevant to this problem.

I had plans to purchase another subscription as a gift but will not be doing so unless this is resolved rapidly and effectively. 

Can anyone help?

Alan Young

@alaninbath wrote:

I purchased a gift subscription by visa payment 28th November for my daughter in the UK and have a confirmatory e-mail with the following details. Date: 2014-11-28 08:05 UTC and an Order ID

The e-mail with link was promised to be delivered 13/12/14 but no e-mail has been received. The payment has been taken from my account already.

The Spotify website/customer services is utterly unhelpful! The contact form only allows set questions from a drop down menu and the options are irrelevant to this problem.

I had plans to purchase another subscription as a gift but will not be doing so unless this is resolved rapidly and effectively. 

Can anyone help?

Alan Young

Hi @alaninbath, I'm sorry to hear about this. You'll have to get in touch with Spotify staff through the contact form, and they'll be able to sort this out for you (try using Paying for Spotify -> Problems with my Existing... -> Other). When you get an automated response, make sure to reply to that email, even if the address says 'no-reply', as this makes sure your information is sent to the right team.

When you've done this, please post your case ID# from the email and I'll make sure it gets looked at.

Hi,

I am a Spotifer Premium customer since the beginning and a great supporter of yours.

I bought a 3-months Christmas Card for my mother but I made a mistake when activated it : instead of creating her account, I thought I first had to enter the code in my own account. Now the 3-free-months are credited under my name (furthermore, I think it will cancel my own Premium subscription). I want to cancel it, how can I do ?

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Alexandra

@knivesfrombavar wrote:

Hi,

I am a Spotifer Premium customer since the beginning and a great supporter of yours.

I bought a 3-months Christmas Card for my mother but I made a mistake when activated it : instead of creating her account, I thought I first had to enter the code in my own account. Now the 3-free-months are credited under my name (furthermore, I think it will cancel my own Premium subscription). I want to cancel it, how can I do ?

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Alexandra

I'm sorry to hear about this. You'll have to get in touch with Spotify staff through the contact form, and they'll be able to sort this out for you.
When you get an automated response, make sure to reply to that email, even if the address says 'no-reply', as this makes sure your information is sent to the right team.

I have to say that since I made the post the issue has been resolved. It was not resolved by Spotify but I did eventually have a very helpful e-mail exchange with a Spotify operative.

With some trepidation I bought 3mths for our son. There were minor problems but it did work second time with having to go through contactin the company.

In summary wary but ultimately content.

I have the same problem, I got charged for the Premium service but I'm not getting it.
My Spotify Case # 02224016

I agree. There customer service is filled with completely useless robots. I've been trying to get in touch with someone and sent two request. These were my responses:

----Begin Quote----

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Here's what we got from you:
I got this completely useless automated response from you guys:

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Here's what we got from you:
I want to sign up for premium, because I heard there was a student discount. I am a student at Northeastern University. When I try to submit my payment information I receive the following error: "We were unable to validate your student details. Please check your status and try again."

Please let me have the discount and take my money. What can I offer to verify my full time undergraduate student status?

If you have a question about Spotify, your first stop should be the Spotify Community http://community.spotify.com/ for support from other users. This is also a great place to read up on any company updates that might affect your service as well as posting your own ideas and feedback.

Then check out our Help pages http://support.spotify.com The FAQs contain solutions to the most common queries and guides on how to use Spotify's features.

You can also now follow or Tweet our Spotify Customer Service Team @Spotifycares for all things Spotify.

We're sure that these solutions will help you with your query. Remember that we'll keep you in the loop on any major service updates via our Twitter:
https://twitter.com/spotifystatus @Spotifystatus

Kind regards,
Spotify Customer Service Team

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0u40zU:ref

I've checked the forums extensively. No help. May I get an actual person please?

If you have a question about Spotify, your first stop should be the Spotify Community http://community.spotify.com/ for support from other users. This is also a great place to read up on any company updates that might affect your service as well as posting your own ideas and feedback.

Then check out our Help pages http://support.spotify.com The FAQs contain solutions to the most common queries and guides on how to use Spotify's features.

You can also now follow or Tweet our Spotify Customer Service Team @Spotifycares for all things Spotify.

We're sure that these solutions will help you with your query. Remember that we'll keep you in the loop on any major service updates via our Twitter:
https://twitter.com/spotifystatus @Spotifystatus

Kind regards,
Spotify Customer Service Team

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0u41xE:ref

-----End Quote-----

I literally just want Spotify to take my money, and they won't. I am forced to go elsewhere. Thanks for nothing Spotify!

@chriscanal 

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Dear Spotify,
Because of your complete LACK of customer service I am cancelling Spotify premium and switching to google play. Y'all suck and really need to step it up or you'll see more and more PAYING customers leave because of your crappy "customer support" (if you can call it that).
Signed,
Former Spotify listener, current Google Play customer

Same here, I have sent at least 4 messages and still no reply..

Suggested posts