Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can no longer play songs by certain artists

Can no longer play songs by certain artists

• I have a premium account with an iPhone 6s running iOS 12. I can no longer play songs by Hopsin, and that includes songs that I had downloaded by him. While in a playlist it will skip over any song by him and if I go back and click on the song directly it will not play. Going through the community it appears other are having the same problem with other artist. I have not tried other artist just yet, he is the first one I noticed the problem with. I thought it was a problem with my Spotify app when I noticed he problem on 9/27 but my app has been updated to version 8.4.72 and I’m still having the same problem. 
7 Replies

Hey there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the song name(s) that are affected?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Have an awesome day!

Hi!

I restarted my device twice yesterday when I noticed the issue. I’ve tried that 2 more times today. Still have the same issue. 

I deleted the app, reinstalled the app and rebooted my phone again. Still have same problem. 

Song title examples: Ill Mind 6: Old Friend, Hotel in Sydney, The Purge, Lucifer Effect

There are more songs, these are just a few examples. 

Thank you for trying to help. 🙂

Hey there!

I would suggest you check with another network, or another device, maybe reset your network settings.

Do you use a VPN or Proxy? This might have an impact.

Hope this helps!

Have an awesome day!

No I’m not using a VPN or proxy. Tried on cellular network and WiFi network, issue continues. Tried on my laptop get message that says “Spotify can’t play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.”

Hello! I’ve had this problem too with sonhs from Troye Sivan when an album of his was just released. All the songs there were available to me, but ten after a few months I didn’t see the songs I used to play. I then learned that the songs I wanted to play became ‘restricted’ in my region. I don’t know if this is the case, however if you use a vpn that can be bypassed. 🙂

Hello and thank you! I had a friend try and she can play songs by Hopsin just fine. And she has a different type of device as well. So the region is not an issue for me either. 

Thank you everyone for trying to help.  I had to contact Spotify and create a new account.  The problem was with my account.

Suggested posts