Can't Make New Account

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Chromebook and LG

My Question or Issue

So I have tried on multiple devices and accounts, but I can't make a new account. What happens is I delete my account, and confirm the email. Then I try to use my email for a new account and it says "This email is already being used" but if I try to log in it says "There is no account associated with this email". I have re-made my accounts and redeleted them many times, but still. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed and @meg_728

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

As a heads-up, it might take up to 30 days for an email address to be newly available and used to create a Spotify account if this email was previously associated with another account which was closed. 

To avoid waiting, you can create a new Spotify account with a different email address.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @user-removed, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try logging in using the closed account? Does it still let you log in? 

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am having a similar problem. I went to delete my spotify account so I could make a new one because I want to change my username. But after confirming that I wanted to close it, and then trying to make a new account with the same email, it said that my email was already being used. So then I tried to log into my old account, but it was saying that there was no account listed for that email. I tried to find answers, but it seems not many people are having this issue. So now I've re activated my account in order to try and find answers since if you don't have a spotify account you can't contact them for support. I'm not sure if my problem can be solved, I'm really hoping you can help!

For more information which I forgot to add before, I had a free account.

I did try that before, unfortunately

When I looked up this problem on Google, a post came up from September 5, 2018 from spotify, that said, "When you delete your current account and create a new one, you should be able to use the same email address". So maybe you have to wait the 7 days that it gives you to re activate your account so that it can never be re activated again and it gets out of the system completely? I'm just so confused and it's weird that I haven't seen more people having this problem.
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed and @meg_728

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

As a heads-up, it might take up to 30 days for an email address to be newly available and used to create a Spotify account if this email was previously associated with another account which was closed. 

To avoid waiting, you can create a new Spotify account with a different email address.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

is this still the case in 2023? And also do the same rules apply if you have 2 Spotify accounts, permanently delete one account, and then try to change the email on your active account to the one you used on your deleted account?  (sorry if it doesn't make much sense)

Hey @Kittyhdmi1231,

Yes, I'm afraid. If you were to close one of the accounts, you would have to wait for all of the account's data (including the email address) to be permanently erased from the database - the email will remain "taken" until then.

Once all data has been deleted, the email address will be "freed up" and you'll be able to use it for your other account.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts