Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't cancel my recurring payment

Solved!

Can't cancel my recurring payment

Logging on via Facebook, but Spotify ask for the password. And I register the CORRECT password, but Spotify just say that it's wrong. Tried to change but the same result.

Anybody knows what problem it is??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

We see this problem occasionally. There does seem to be a bug related to the presence of a Facebook auth cookie. The simplest solution is to log in to your Spotify account using a different web browser (ie one that doesn't have an auth cookie for Facebook).

With a different browser, you shouldn't have any problem.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi there 

Ive have two spotify accounts (dont ask :))) . My email is aylwardmichael25@googlemail.com. I need to cancel  one of the accounts before 22 of may, username 1124884820.  I have the same probelm as the above people, will not accept my password- which i know is right. Please help spotify- other than this i love the service.

Thank you 

Michael

View solution in original post

10 Replies

The same problem... I know that my password is correct, and can't cancel the subscription.

Me too, i hope this is fixed soon.

Marked as solution

We see this problem occasionally. There does seem to be a bug related to the presence of a Facebook auth cookie. The simplest solution is to log in to your Spotify account using a different web browser (ie one that doesn't have an auth cookie for Facebook).

With a different browser, you shouldn't have any problem.

I also tried to cancel my Premium account with a Facebook associated account, and wasn't able to. Despite sending an email the day before my account was set to renew that requested a cancellation due to a problem with the Spotify website, I was charged for the additional month. I have been emailing with customer service about this, but they have stopped replying to my emails.

I would very much like this resolved! If Spotify is going to force Facebook integration, there shouldn't be a bug with cancellation -- it feels manipulative.

Nosch - I've just sent you an email. It should sort it for you, so keep an eye on your inbox.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Marked as solution

Hi there 

Ive have two spotify accounts (dont ask :))) . My email is aylwardmichael25@googlemail.com. I need to cancel  one of the accounts before 22 of may, username 1124884820.  I have the same probelm as the above people, will not accept my password- which i know is right. Please help spotify- other than this i love the service.

Thank you 

Michael

Same problem. Since I wanted to activate premium (free from Telia) on my mobile I was told to quit my account and when the time had expired change it into premium. Now when I have waited a month it says that the account is still on. Please!

Mickeyredeyess - Have you tried going through an alternative internet browser at all? If not, have you contacted our payments team? You can do so by heading to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. They'll get it sorted as soon as they can.

Fiberhavregryn - I'd also suggest you contact our payments team. They'll be able to sort it out for you.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi, I signed up for the free trial, decided to go premium, then when I realised I couldn't use Spotify on my iPod (older model) I wanted to unsubscribe. Everything is telling me I've done this successfully - except that I'm still getting charged every month. This is totally unacceptable, and I cannot find any way of making it clearer that I no longer want to have an account. My account details say that I'm on Spotify Free, that there are no payment providers connected to my account, yet my bank statements have payments for NZ$12.99 deducted under the name "Spotify Premium x1 nr 2", one on the 25/7, on 26/6, and on 25/5. I cancelled my subscription to Premium in April shortly after trialling it. Disturbingly, there are no receipts for these payments in my "View Receipt" section. Please inform me of how I can go about removing my bank details from your system and obtaining a refund for these erroneous payments.

Hi. Use the online contact form and someone from the payments team willn help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

Suggested posts