Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change the current country

Can't change the current country

Hi, 

I have currently moved to a new country- Malaysia and no longer a student. 

I was thinking if I could change the location, payment type and premium account type. 

However, it doesn't allowed me to change the location on the "EDIT PROFILE" section. 

My spotify was signed in with my Facebook account and I've had already changed the city I currently at and checked the IP address on my devices which shows correctly.

My subscription is ending in a few days and I'd really appreciate this could solve so I can continue my premium subsription. 

1 Reply

Hey!

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE for Payment Info. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before removing your payment info.

After you've removed your payment info, change your country in profile, and resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

If this has not been resolved after this try contacting Spotify through: 

Spotify support @SpotifyCares on Twitter or Facebook.  If you do not have Facebook or Twitter please use this contact form.

Suggested posts