Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't create account because my email is already in use.

Can't create account because my email is already in use.

Spotify says to create a new account if you want to change your username, but if you want to continue using your original email, it won't let you recreate your account as it says that email is already in use.  How can I get around this?  Thanks!

5 Replies

Hey @slrolfes, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Yes it is true that you can't change the username.

If you have an account already just close it then use that same email to sign up for a new one.

Don't forget to transfer your library before closing it! Or just contact support if you don't want to go through all of that 😉

Have a nice day 🙂

You can either close your account and sign up again, or use I website I really love called 10minutemail.com .  10 minute mail is super useful for when you dont have an available email and for signing up without cluttering your inbox. It'll give you an email that's active for 10 minutes and then afterwards will self-destruct. I use it all the time and it's super useful! Hope this helps~

I want to RE-use the current email that I am currently using when I sign up
again. It seems when you close your account it does not release that email
address and thinks it's still in use. Then, when you try to create the new
account with that email address, it says it's in use. Does that make sense?

Perhaps I didn't do it correctly? Because when I tried to sign up with
that email again it said it was in use... ?? Perhaps a delay in releasing
it?

Hey @slrolfes,

Yes you can actually create another account with the same email after you close the current one. Just give it some time.

Also don't try using such services @clairejelagin suggested you because you would get locked out of your account if you do so.

Have a nice day and be safe out there 🙂

Suggested posts