Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log into my account in the app.

Solved!

Can't log into my account in the app.

I've changed the password 3 times now trying to get it to log into the app. I can get on the website and sign in but as soon as I try to log into the app on my IPhone 6 plus it tells me incorrect password or username. Which obviously is wrong since I can get on the website with no issues at all. If anyone could help that would be great, I've had spotify for a long time now and I've never had any issues like this before. I'm a premium user and love it, but holy hell this is frustrating. I've sent emails to support to no avail, I've check my spam and no reply. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have found a solution that works for me.

Your Spotify username is NOT the same as your email address
The website will accept the email address as a username but the app won't. Try removing everything after the @

So if you log into the site with Spotify.user@emailaccount.com try just Spotify.user

I discovered this after reverting to an old version of the app that won't accept an email address in that box, while the latest version accepts it and then fails.

View solution in original post

95 Replies

I have forwarded your post to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact soon.

Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the exact same problem although it redirects me from the app to the website, a little red box comes up and says service is temporarily unavailable. I know I have the right log in details cos I can log in via facebook at the webiste. Its like the app wont open, have tried re-installing all the software, etc and have written to spotify to no avail. AM very upset cos is a premium account. I am out of Australia at the moment from where I set account up from but have not had this problem overseas before. Can anyone advise what to do? 

Hey @ellaschmoo  and @zachcoyle61,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Our support team will get back to you as soon as possible. It shouldn't be too long.

We'll be here if you need us.

Thanks!

Same problem for me too!  I can login to the spotify website with my account, but I can't login to the app on my smart phone, tablet, or the app on my computer.  

On each device it says "Unable to Login.  Either the username or password is incorrect".

However, I use the same username and password at spotify.com and it lets me in every time.  I've changed my password at spotify.com several times, and I can always get into spotify.com, but I can never login to my devices.  

Please help!!!

Same exact problem.... Can log into account online but not on apps.... Have tried resetting password several times. Thank you for any help.

Hey @mbridgers and @pdtraisci,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Can you please send our support team an email using the contact form

They should be able to help.

Thanks!

Somehow the problem fixed itself in the last hour.  I can now login to the spotify app on my devices.  Yay!

Hey @mbridgers,

That's amazing news, thanks for letting us know.

If it starts acting up again, give us a shout.

Have a great day!

I'm having the same problems.

Ipad - can't login despite changing password.

Open the app on my mac, add the new password and still no access.

Can log into profile online however can't listen to any music.

Please help.

Same problem as everyone else.

Can't log in using any of my devices.  Can only access my profile online using correct login details and password.

Please help.

Mines doing the exact same

I can't get logged into the app either.  We already had a premium account that we were trying to share, so I switched to family.  We got the invite, followed the link, got the app downloaded etc etc etc but the app won't recognize either the new login or the old.  I'm pretty patient but this has even me frustrated.

Same problem as listed.

I can login to website.

I can't login to app on OSX.

Just reset my password through the website, as just got a new computer.

I'm having the exact same issue. I can login on the website and the forums,but I cannot get my iOS app to login at all. I've tried for days...

I couldn't get it to work so I reached out via email for help. They did something to my profile and it worked again. 

Good luck

I downloaded spotify for the PC. Installed it....signed up...went to login into spotif and get does not recognize username or password. I reset my password 3 times also and was able to sign into my spotify account online but still getting does not recognize username or password when attempting to login into spotify.

*** Now I am a new user and after reading all these problems and complaints I probably will not sign up for premium if this is the average user experience.*****

I'm very disappointed.

I'm having the same exact issue.  I reached out to spotify but their email told me to check the community posts which it doesn't seem anyone has found a solution. It must be something wrong on their end.

Still no contact from support on this issue

I have the same problem.I can log in to spotify website but I can not login to spotify app either in android or ios

Please someone help me 

Suggested posts