Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't post new message

Solved!

Can't post new message

Hi

I'm trying to post a new message in the Help with other OS's about my BlackBerry.

I'm getting an error which means I can't post, saying to correct the highlighted errors and post again.

There's nothing highlighted for me to change.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Simon

32 Replies

I just had a hard time replying here. In HTML there is something called a non-breaking space. When you view html, it will look like this -->  
Try removing that. if it looks like this --> <p>&nbsp;</p> You can remove that whole portion.

Can you provide a screenshot that shows where you would normally post a new idea or thread?
I don't see it anywhere and I am not sure if I am missing it or if something is broken.

cant post new idea. tried 1 tag and multiple tags. then after trying twice i get a "post flooding detected" message and cant post for 5 minutes?! i never even got to post how could i be flooding

Hey there @huntc99,

Thank you for your post here in the Community,

Can you let us know if you you tried from an incognito/private window?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

testing

my mistakes. i was adding tags instead of labels. I did not realize you have to click on one of the listed label options on the right sidebar. in my opinion this is a bit unclear - but there is no bug, i was just confused!

Hey @huntc99

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we'll make sure to pass this on to the right folks.

The Community will be here if anything else comes up. 

Take care 🙂

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I keep getting an error message saying that I hadn't replied to an email sent to me when I registered.  I honestly don't remember that email, as it was sent when I started my paid subscription 7 years ago. If it weren't for the rather sweet streaming music website that appears to be attached to this forum, I'd be concerned about getting my money's worth

Hey @Baywolf,

Thanks for the post.

Can you clarify when are you getting this error message?

It would also be helpful if you add a screenshot of it.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

It went away; it's no longer listed in my notifications inbox.

It's so frustrating that this still only works on mobile.

I posted the suggestion on the Spotify Community page if anyone can upvote to help it get seen: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Don-t-Play-This-Artist-feature/idi-p/53491...

IMG_8413.PNG

I am getting the message "Correct the highlighted errors and try again. Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)"

First I couldn't submit a post because it said I didn't have tags. So I added tags. Then it said I couldn't submit a post because I don't have tags. But I did have tags. I tried submitting again and the system blocked me again telling me that I can't post more than 2 times within 5 minutes, or something like that. So I waited over 10 minutes and tried again. Then it gave me the message above. These post blocking systems have gotten way out of hand. I'm not even sure that this message is going to post properly. What good is a feedback system that blocks the user from giving it?

3600error.png

Hey @bobhansen128,

Thanks for posting here.

The purpose of the message "Post flooding detected" is to protect the Community from spam, however unfortunately sometimes it can show up for users who are just trying to post or submit an idea. 

We're sorry to hear that you struggled to post here. In case this happens again, could you try posting again in a few hours to see if anything changes? Just make sure that the cache is cleared.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts