Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can you play your playlist in two different countries?

Solved!

Can you play your playlist in two different countries?

Hi,

I tried searching the forum for this particular issue and I'm sure its been asked before, but I was wondering if I was able to play the playlist I created in USA in Australia?

I have a USA Spotify Unlimited account. Say if I logged into my account in Australia, will I be able to play all the songs on my playlist?

Are there any songs that can only be played in USA and not in Australia?

Your answers are very much appreciated!

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes, I've not run into any such problems, and I've travelled extensively. I may not have listened to all music though...

I've travelled and listened to Spotify in Middle East, Asia, Australasia, and Europe. Biggest issue has been adequate 3G coverage, and suitable mobile prepaid SIMs. Note, however, that in some of those countries Spotify is not available for subscription.

Using a LAN & a Laptop, you may run into local ISP issues or firewalls at hotels, in some countries in the Middle east, but not likely to be an issue in Australia.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

You should not run into any issues.

Your spotify music cataloge is based on the country that you are a subscriber in, no matter where you are in the world you will access that same music catalogue. 

As mckee said above certain ISPs and other businesses with firewalls may prevent access to save bandwidth on their networks. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Yes, I've not run into any such problems, and I've travelled extensively. I may not have listened to all music though...

I've travelled and listened to Spotify in Middle East, Asia, Australasia, and Europe. Biggest issue has been adequate 3G coverage, and suitable mobile prepaid SIMs. Note, however, that in some of those countries Spotify is not available for subscription.

Using a LAN & a Laptop, you may run into local ISP issues or firewalls at hotels, in some countries in the Middle east, but not likely to be an issue in Australia.

Marked as solution

You should not run into any issues.

Your spotify music cataloge is based on the country that you are a subscriber in, no matter where you are in the world you will access that same music catalogue. 

As mckee said above certain ISPs and other businesses with firewalls may prevent access to save bandwidth on their networks. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you both so much! 

You have set my heart at ease 🙂

Suggested posts