Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant reset password as new password needs to be confirmed with old "forgotten" password :S

Solved!

Cant reset password as new password needs to be confirmed with old "forgotten" password :S

Hello,

I've just registered with Spotify for the premium membership and apparently my password is wrong although I had to confirm it twice.

When go to the page where you can reset your password (same link you get when you've forgotten your password) I can t confirm my new password using my old password..... How does that work????????

Help please 😞

Thank you

Janett

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Got it... lol thanks anyway

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Got it... lol thanks anyway

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you are logged into the Spotify website (like you are after you register) you can't access the real reset page. 

Click on your name at the top of the Spotify website and select log out. Then go to https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/ and you should be able to request a reset.

Peter 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So my ex sister in-law hacked this Spotify and I can't get her off it. She changed the email to her so when I try to get it changed to mine it doesn't work. I am paying for premium and can prove it with my card number. If Spotify would be willing to at least switch my account over to my other Spotify account account with the correct email I would be satisfied.

Suggested posts