Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change display name

Change display name

Hi,

A while back I managed an artist on Spotify. They weren't able to add songs to playlists without revealing their personal spotify accounts (with full names), so in order for them to do this, I had my display name changed to their artist name. 

Since then, the project has gone in another direction, so I was hoping it was possible to change my name back to what it was. 

Plan: Premium

7 Replies

Hello there,

I am sorry, but you can not change your Spotify username because of the way the apps algorithm maps accounts to playlists. I know it is annoying. I am really hoping to see the feature in the future.

Yes, I know we cant change usernames. (I really hope they add this feature too). However, in my case, my username is still the same as it was when I first signed up. It's only the 'display' name that was changed. I'm hoping they can switch it back!

Are you referring to your name on the community?

No, my name on Spotify 😕

No, unfortunately you can not change it

Hi,

I have also tried this in the past and unfortunately, you cannot change your username, if you're very desperate the only way is to make a completely new account.

Hey @Ledeux.

Thanks for getting in touch.

It's true that you can't change your username. You can create a new account however.

If you want to use the same email address, you'll have to close your old account. You can read here how to do this.

Oh and no worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You can visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar: spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your old username. And keep in mind that you have 7 days after you close an account, before all information is permanently deleted, so you'll have to find your playlists before that time.

Hopefully you find this information useful. Let us know if you have further questions!

Suggested posts