Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changed from Unlimited to Premium, can't change back

Changed from Unlimited to Premium, can't change back

Hello,

For the last I don't know how many years or months I have had a Spotify Unlimited subscription, costing me 4.99 per month. Recently I went on a weekend holiday, and for the duration of that weekend I wanted to be able to use Spotify on my smartphone. I upgraded to Premium, thinking: ok, Premium for the weekend, it'll cost me 5 extra, but it's worth it to me for now, and I'll go back to Unlimited when I get back home.

So when I got back home I wanted to change back to Unlimited, but I couldn't find a "downgrade" option anywhere. In another thread I read that I would have to cancel my subscription and that then the Unlimited option would be available again. So I did that: cancel my subscription. It has now ended, but I don't see an option for the Unlimited plan anywhere. 

I don't feel treated in a way that's fair. If you had notified me beforehand that there wouldn't be a possibility to go back to my old subscription, I wouldn't have upgraded to Premium at all. Even an email telling me "sorry but the Unlimited subscription.. we can't afford to sell this any more, so you'll soon have to upgrade or cancel" would have been fine. But telling me I can't downgrade after I have upgraded.. well that's just pretty disappointing.

In case I'm wrong: could you point me to a way to go back to my Unlimited subscription? And in case I'm right: could you let me know as well?

1 Reply

I joined the forum today just to ask a question like this. I want to know if I can upgrade to Premium and downgrade to Unlimited in case I don't need Premium features.

I hope someone can answer that...

Suggested posts