Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing Bill Payment

Changing Bill Payment

I have been trying to update my method of payment and keep getting this message

Premium for Family

Your account is part of a family plan, please refer to the Premium for Family owner to manage your plan.

Everytime i click Premium for Family I get the same message again.

6 Replies

Hey @chrisburton67, and welcome to the community!

I'll be happy to help.

Are you the owner of the Premium for Family plan? 

If you are, please send a screenshot of the error messge being shown. If you aren't, you do not need to worry about changing payment methods as that is taken care of with the Premium for Family owner.

Let me know how you get on 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the help.....I am not an expert at using devices and all this so this is frustrating. I am doing this on a desk top so it is esier to cut and paste.

So basicly i followed these instructions....

Change payment details

Money on your mind? You have full control over your Spotify payments and can update them any time. 

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Select Subscription in the menu on the left. 
  3. Under Payment method, click UPDATE.
  4. Choose your payment method at the top and fill in the details. 
  5. Click CHANGE PAYMENT DETAILS to confirm.

Change payment details

when i do i get this message.

Hey @chrisburton67.

Thanks for getting back to us.

It sounds like you are still logged in with one of the sub-accounts which are part of your subscription. Make sure you log in with the administrator account if you'd like to change the payment method. Alternatively try to log in with an incognito browsing session and try to make the change again.

Hope it works. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

I called the company I originally had SPOTIFY with and they don't have me registered through them anymore. I know I went on and made ans account and bought a family plan and sent the invitations to my family members. I only know of one log in account so I am still lost. I tried this with incognito as suggested and got the same results. At the end of the day the next time they ask for a payment they will get nothing because that card is canceled.

Chris Burton
David Leeder Middle School
You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities.
Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination.
Ralph Marston

NOTE:This e-mail message is intended for the named recipient(s) above, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please do not read the content. Instead, immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. The Peel District School Board and sender assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content or transmission of this email.

Hey again @chrisburton67

It really sounds like you're logged in on an account which isn't the administrator account, and therefore you can't make any changes to the subscription or payment details.

If you press the Premium for Family option on your account page, and see something like "Your account is part of a family plan, please refer to the Premium for Family owner to manage your plan.", that means that the subscription is managed through another account, with other login details.

Try logging out from the account page, and log back in with the Premium for Family owner's login details. This can be any of the family members' account details, since there's a possibility that you initially upgraded one of their accounts to become the administrator for Premium for Family instead of your own. 

Let us know if that helps!

That may be true but that is ridiculous. Your telling me the only way to fix this is to have every family member sign in and see if they can switch the account? That is just totally a waste of time and effort. Why is there nobody to connect to that can make changes. I am the parent, the owner of the card, the one that set the account up and I can't get on. The third party account had expired and I opened a whole new account. This is so inconvenient. I guess it is easier to let them try an bill me and then get no money. Maybe then somebody will care.

Chris Burton
David Leeder Middle School
You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities.
Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination.
Ralph Marston

NOTE:This e-mail message is intended for the named recipient(s) above, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please do not read the content. Instead, immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. The Peel District School Board and sender assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content or transmission of this email.

Suggested posts