Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing Country Settings

Solved!

Changing Country Settings

Hi!

I can not change the country in my settings without getting an unlimited or premium account. But I want to keep my for free account. How can I change the country settings anyway?

Thanks in advance! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Katinka, welcome to the Community.

Don't worry - you don't need to begin a paid subscription to change your country. You will need to enter payment details to do this, but it shouldn't commit you to any payments. We just need this for verification.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey Katinka, welcome to the Community.

Don't worry - you don't need to begin a paid subscription to change your country. You will need to enter payment details to do this, but it shouldn't commit you to any payments. We just need this for verification.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

What if you want to change your country details but don't have a local credit card? I'm studying abroad for a year in the UK and don't have (or plan to get) a local bank account / card number.

Hi mje2815 - You should now be able to change to the country matching your IP address. 

What happens when you try to make that change from your profile page: https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

the country setting is still grayed out

Hi,
I also had an account in Austria. Now I'm in Sweden and I tried to change my country to Sweden - but it doesn't work. It's just telling me that my username is already used, but doesn't let me change the country. Can you help me?

BR
Anna

Hi!

I also have the same problem. When I'm trying to change the country, it says that my email-address is already taken. What should I do? Thanks!

Hey guys! Welcome to the community ๐Ÿ™‚

If you are getting a username or email address already in use error, it means (annoyingly) you have two accounts in the Spotify system. Its easy to fix, but you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to remove the duplicate account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts