Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing account on death

Changing account on death

I've just had my mother on the phone in tears because her partner died and she's frightened she's going to lose all his playlists (they listened to a lot of music together I guess).

The payment came out of his account, but she wants to ensure the playlists are kept - one, for the funeral and wake, and two, because she'd like to keep them to continue listening.

What's the easiest way for me to sort this for her please? I'm thinking set up a new account in her name so we can simply cancel payment from his account and then save the playlists before we deactivate his account?

This is assuming we can get into his account as she doesn't know the password, fingers crossed we can reset and access his emails without a password.

Help appreciated!

Thanks

1 Reply

Hey @dirtyboy

Sorry to hear about the loss.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you. They should be able to help cancel the payment and deactivate the account and transfer the playlists over to a new account.

You can copy and paste the message you posted here so that you do not have to retype it.

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts