Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 4
  • Rising Star 4
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Not applicable
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Student Discount Renewal

Hi,I'm trying to renew my student discount for spotify, I've done it once before but I can't remember how to do it. Everything I see says to cancel my subscription then restart it, I didn't have to do that last time, has it changed? ThanksBeth

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm trying to renew my student discount for spotify, I've done it once before but I can't remember how to do it. Everything I see says to cancel my subscription then restart it, I didn't have to...
  • Shafinator
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Student Subscription UK

Hi, Last year i set up my Student account via UNiDAYS, after 12 months spotify started charging me £9.99 again as the said they would so i canncelled the subscription. However, when i go to use my student discount again via UNiDAYS it states that my ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  Last year i set up my Student account via UNiDAYS, after 12 months spotify started charging me £9.99 again as the said they would so i canncelled the subscription. However, when i go to us...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Payment failed

Hi, for some reason, no matter which card I use, Ive used 4 different cards, different accounts, one of which is my company card, all with funds available, I keep getting a failed payment message on the website when updating details.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, for some reason, no matter which card I use, Ive used 4 different cards, different accounts, one of which is my company card, all with funds available, I keep getting a failed payment message on ...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I need to have my account removed YESTERDAY

How in the **bleep** do I even contact support here without posting links for the world to see? This is absolutely retarded from a security point of view. Need to have spotify rep contact NOW to sort this out.I did not spend 9.9 euros a month for 7 y...

• Visitor
  • How in the **bleep** do I even contact support here without posting links for the world to see? This is absolutely retarded from a security point of view.   Need to have spotify rep contact NO...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

**bleep** hit the fan when I tried to deativate my facebook account

Hi community, **bleep** hit the fan when I tried to deativate my facebook account and make a new Spotify profile. After clicking the 'disconnect facebook' button in the desktop app it logged me out, but I couldn't cancel the subscription or whatever....

• Casual Listener
  • Hi community,   **bleep** hit the fan when I tried to deativate my facebook account and make a new Spotify profile. After clicking the 'disconnect facebook' button in the desktop app it logged...
  • geoffriehoiting
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Big problem with my accounts (cannot login with my premium account)

Spotify,I'm having issues trying to access to my premium account. If you look for my email in your database it must be two times because I can login using facebook connect (and I access into a standard spotify account) and using the "remember my pass...

• Visitor
  • Spotify, I'm having issues trying to access to my premium account. If you look for my email in your database it must be two times because I can login using facebook connect (and I access into a...
  • Indanielo
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Connecting to Facebook

I want to share certain songs I listen to on my Facebook but every time I try to connect my Spotify to my Facebook it says that my Facebook is already connected to another Spotify account. I've tried the steps to disconnecting the Spotify app off of ...

• I want to share certain songs I listen to on my Facebook but every time I try to connect my Spotify to my Facebook it says that my Facebook is already connected to another Spotify account. I've tried...
  • TobiasYoung
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to connect to Facebook *Your country does not match the one set in your profile - error

Hey guys, I've recently signed up for Spotify free, with the intention of cancelling my Apple Music account and using spotify family premium due to friends pressure. I don't mind as long as I can listen music right.... But, once I've signed up with m...

• Hey guys,    I've recently signed up for Spotify free, with the intention of cancelling my Apple Music account and using spotify family premium due to friends pressure. I don't mind as lo...
  • Sabrina_qj
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Tried to Cancel Premium

I tried to cancel my Spotify Premium before it charged me again and when i did it said it had problems canceling every time i tried to and it charged me for another month of premium

• I tried to cancel my Spotify Premium before it charged me again and when i did it said it had problems canceling every time i tried to and it charged me for another month of premium
  • TobiasYoung
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Travelling with Spotify

Hi community, I've recently start travelling in Asia and my Spotify stopped working. It says "Your country does not match the one set in your profile - to continue update your profile or upgrade your account. Error 408" Any chance I can keep using Sp...

• Regular
  • Hi community,   I've recently start travelling in Asia and my Spotify stopped working.    It says "Your country does not match the one set in your profile - to continue update your...
  • TobiasYoung
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Logging in

Spotify logged me out and now i cannot log back in. Everytime i try to make a new password it tells me "your form has expired" and won't let me continue.

• Spotify logged me out and now i cannot log back in. Everytime i try to make a new password it tells me "your form has expired" and won't let me continue.
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cobro incorrecto

Hola, hace poco cambie mi subscripcion de premium a familiar sin embargo me llegan ambos cargos. ¿Alguien sabe como lo arreglo? Muchas gracias

• Casual Listener
  • Hola, hace poco cambie mi subscripcion de premium a familiar sin embargo me llegan ambos cargos. ¿Alguien sabe como lo arreglo? Muchas gracias 
  • regonvi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Let my friend use my account to try Spotify

Now everytime I listen to music he chooses to troll me and constantly changes my song, any way I can log him without getting a hold of his phone?

• Casual Listener
  • Now everytime I listen to music he chooses to troll me and constantly changes my song, any way I can log him without getting a hold of his phone?
  • Geauxdev
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I find the other family members on Spotify?

I have a Spotify Premium account and this year I changed it to a family account where I have added both my husband and my eldest daughter. Now when I wanted to share a song with my daughter I could not find her in my list of Spotify friends. I then s...

• I have a Spotify Premium account and this year I changed it to a family account where I have added both my husband and my eldest daughter. Now when I wanted to share a song with my daughter I could n...
  • tmannion71
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't Update my Email

I just change my email address on my facebook and already deleted the old one. but it looks like my spotify account is not getting my new email address. your help will be much appreciated

• Casual Listener
  • I just change my email address on my facebook and already deleted the old one. but it looks like my spotify account is not getting my new email address. your help will be much appreciated
  • Jumsel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I want to close my account but I have no access to my email account

It's been a long time since I signed into my account using a password on a computer since I'm already automatically signed into my Spotify account on my phone and because of that I've forgotten my password. I finally got in by connecting my Facebook ...

• It's been a long time since I signed into my account using a password on a computer since I'm already automatically signed into my Spotify account on my phone and because of that I've forgotten ...
  • ricsut
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Help

I have been charged $41 for premium Spotify I didn't want premium in the first place and they just automatically took out money. I want my money back and free Spotify.

• I have been charged $41 for premium Spotify I didn't want premium in the first place and they just automatically took out money. I want my money back and free Spotify.
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Charged Student Discount?

Hi,I wanted to originally get the student discount but I saw that it was only for collage students and not high school students so I just left and paid for the normal subscription. I'm on the free month trial right now but it charged $4.99 to my card...

• Hi, I wanted to originally get the student discount but I saw that it was only for collage students and not high school students so I just left and paid for the normal subscription. I'm on the free ...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Family Plan Account Holder

I'm supposed to be the Account Holder of our Family Plan, but my account says that I am part of the Family Plan, not the Holder... how can I fix this? I can't make any changes or invite other members of my family...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm supposed to be the Account Holder of our Family Plan, but my account says that I am part of the Family Plan, not the Holder... how can I fix this? I can't make any changes or invite other members...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes