Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing email and disconnect from facebook

Changing email and disconnect from facebook

Hey!

I've got a huge problem with spotify and facebook right now. For some reason I got three different accounts right now.

1: My original account where all my playlists are at. Free verision. 

2: My dad's account which I've used to connect with facebook because this account got spotify premium and I've used it for my phone.

3: My "facebook-account" which I created by mistake. I logged in with regular my email and now there's a new account.

Now my dad has quit his premium account and I need to get my own one. SO, how could I possibly get my e-mail to my original account? Today when I tried to change password at that account it said that my e-mail already is used by someone else. I know it's because of the other accounts but I just can't disconnect them from facebook and I can't change or delete the third account because it's "made of" my e-mail. I really want to use my original account with all my playlists on and I also want to connect it to facebook when I've got my new premium, so I need to have my own e-mail adress on it. 

Help me somebody?

8 Replies

Log out of Spotify and log back in using your Spotify account, not your Facebook account. Then, on Preferences, you can click "Connect to Facebook".

Make sure you don't have any playlists on your Facebook account right now, because you will lose access to them as soon as you connect the old Spotify account to Facebook.

Hello,

I too can't change anything on my profile since I connected with Facebook. My e-mail adress is already being used? How do I make sure that I am disconnected fully with facebook. The only reference that I can make this moment is that all my facebook friends are in my friendlist, and I can only add them to favorites. I don't want them on spotify. I just want a clean Spotify without any facebook connection at all. Do I have to make an new account now? Please give me an answer, thanks,

koyasan

Koyasan - You should now be able to change any details you'd like to. Also, looking at your 'koyasan' account, it looks like it's totally independent to Facebook. You should be sorted.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have the same problem - I have Premium and log in through facebook, but will change and log in via mail - how do I do?

It says my email is being used!?

Just got back to you on your other thread, MariaKK. Just email in and we'll sort it.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hello,

My Spotify prenium account was connected to Facebook but I'm out of facebook now and I annot conect to spotify anymore as the email adress is the facebook one and I can't change it !! How do I do ? Because I do pay every month and I really want to keep using spotify !!

Help me here please because I tried everything and I can't manage to seerate my spotify account from the facebook one... I deleted the spotify app on facebook but the mail adress remain the facebook one !!

It just driving me crazy !!

Looking foward to hear from you and have a solution

Thks,

Fani.

I'm trying to go from being logged in through Facebook to being logged in by email instead how do I do that?

@blackassassin 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you transfer all your stuff to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password to login:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts