Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connecting to Facebook not working

Connecting to Facebook not working

I have connected to my Facebook account, but I hear the songs do not appear there. It seems that only connection was made to search for friends, but the system to "LastFM style" does not work. It would be a problem even with the beads, or in configuration? How to solve?
Already disconnected and connected again, but it never works. Tried Spotify and I created another with the same Facebook connect, but it did not work.

9 Replies

@tfpvzt wrote:

I have connected to my Facebook account, but I hear the songs do not appear there. It seems that only connection was made to search for friends, but the system to "LastFM style" does not work. It would be a problem even with the beads, or in configuration? How to solve?
Already disconnected and connected again, but it never works. Tried Spotify and I created another with the same Facebook connect, but it did not work.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

When your Spotify account is connected to Facebook, do you have the "Share my activity and what I listen to on Facebook" option ticked under Edit > Preferences > Activity Sharing > Privacy? 

If so, your track listens should appear on your Facebook timeline and on your Activity Log (at the top of your timeline, check there!)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This option is already checked, but it goes like nothing appears on Facebook. It may be a problem with my account? With Rdio, works normally. But in Sppotify not.

Possibly, there have been a few reports of issues floating around today with Facebook, I have reported them to the Spotify team for investigation. Are you able to edit your Spotify Privacy settings in Facebook > Account Settings > Apps? 

Peter

Peter

Não consigo mudar nem as opções de privacidade. Aparece a seguinte mensagem: "Invalid permission specified. The app requested an invalid permission: whitelisted_offline_access".

That is what I thought, it sounds like you are having the same issue as outlined in this topic. I have already escalated this to the Spotify community staff as an issue so hopefully it can be fixed soon.

Peter

Peter

Are you still having issues?

Peter

Peter

Hey 🙂 

Just talking to some of my friends about this, can you try removing any other music scrobbling applications from your Facebook (Account Settings > App Settings)?

Apparently, I have been told that other music applications appear to "block" Spotify from posting in your activity log, its worth a go! 

Peter

Peter

Hello

I am unable to connect to facebook and unable to search for friends. When i select "Connect to Facebook" in the spotify app, Facebook opens for a few seconds and then it switches back to spotify without doing anything. When I select "Connect to Facebook" in spotify online, the page refreshes but nothing opens.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Wyatt

Suggested posts