Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Contact number for Spotify in the UK? My CC charged £334.95 last month

Solved!

Contact number for Spotify in the UK? My CC charged £334.95 last month

and my account now not accessible!

Obviously some sort of fraud but the multiple charges of £50, £25 and £9.99 all have my spotify username against them on my credit card statement, exactly the same as my normal charge of £4.99. 

I need to contact Spotify urgently but can find no contact details for them except for a 'contact us' web app and this forum.  

89 Replies

I sent an enquiry to you on 25/9/12 and I received a reply from Sam on 27/9/12. I was not satisfied with the solution he offered so I emailed him back on 30/9/12 and again on 12/10/12 and have not received a reply to either. Considering it is regarding money which has been taken out of my account without my permission I would have expected this to be taken seriously and dealt with in a timeous fashion. This is disgraceful service.

Hi cazzamc81 - I'm afraid I'm not seeing the emails that you sent on all of those dates. 

However, I can see that my colleagues have sent you a couple messages that have not received responses. I'll forward those over again right now. Please keep an eye on your inbox/ spam filter for me. 

Hi Meredith, thanks for getting back to me. I definitely didn't recieve any emails and sent mine on the dates stated in my previous post. However I did recieve an email yesterday which was forwarded on from an email I apparently recieved on 2/10/12. This has now answered my queries.

It is frustrating that you cannot contact anyone and that when you respond to an email you don't appear to get a response back but my issue has now been resolved so I am satisfied with that.

Thanks.

I cancelled my membership and card details two months ago but a payment came out i sent a contact me message but this is Urgent as the money has been taken from an account which is used for student Finance which needs to be paid on the 7th Jan 2013. case; #00468494

Hi JaneeeBrown - Our goal is to reach everyone within 24 hours. We'll do our best to get back to you ASAP. 

Please note, if you receive an automated message directing you to the Community you should reply again. Your case will then reach one of our agents. 

I cancelled my account MONTHS ago and AM STILL BEING CHARGED 9.99!!! last payment came out on the 5th june. When i try to access my account now it says i have spotify free. SO WHY AM I STILL BEING CHARGED??? Send them an email days ago with of course no reply, other than some automated customer feedback survey bull**bleep**. Can someone please help me fix this problem or give me a number so I can call directly. Thanks. 

@lara-ingram wrote:

I cancelled my account MONTHS ago and AM STILL BEING CHARGED 9.99!!! last payment came out on the 5th june. When i try to access my account now it says i have spotify free. SO WHY AM I STILL BEING CHARGED??? Send them an email days ago with of course no reply, other than some automated customer feedback survey bull**bleep**. Can someone please help me fix this problem or give me a number so I can call directly. Thanks. 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Spotify don't have telephone support I'm afraid. 

When you got in touch, you should have got an automated email reply to say your case was submitted. Can you try replying directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) which will ensure your case is in the system and then post your case number here? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My spotify account keep saying "you need premium account to listen to this" when I have a premium account ! Could you look into this for me

@Sean-bell wrote:
My spotify account keep saying "you need premium account to listen to this" when I have a premium account ! Could you look into this for me

Looks like you just resubscribed. If you log out and back in, that should do the trick.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

i'm so dissapointed with spotify they took two consecutive 10 pound payments out of my account in a matter of days and then when i try to call they dont even have  a helpline to reassure. not impresseed and unless i speak to someone asap and get money back i am cancelling.

Hey anyaneil ! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form someone will get back to you via email as soon as possible to get this sorted out for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

I have been trying to submit a contact form and cannot - it doesnt work. I have looked through the FAQ section and cannot find a solution to my issue - I need to speak to someone urgently.

What do you mean by the form not working? Did you try a different browser? There is an alternative form here which you could try too.

Yes tried all of that and no joy... Anyway I habve since tried the link you provided and have sent them my issues... This is so frustrating.. I have also sent a note to the ombudsman re the poor level of customer service and to confirm if they are obliged to provide a number..

Yes the music is great, shame about the customer service. I drive a BMW, and just because it's a great car and I rarely have problems, it would not be acceptable if I had to contact BWM support via email... 

Perhaps you know how to resolve my issues

I have added over 200 songs to my "Starred" folder and marked them all for off line sync. However only 58 have syned...???

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for your help on this..

James

@Jamesasheehy - What device is this on? 

As far as I am aware, there is nothing in law which says a company (in the UK) must provide telephone support. 

Peter

@Jamesasheehy Hi James! You can contact us via email here, or on Twitter here. We currently don't offer phone support.

Regarding your issue, how much free space do you have on your phone? Could you make a little space, then try syncing again?

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

WHY have you removed the number?  Presumably others may find it tremendously useful if they find themselves in similar circumstances.  Surely you want to help your users.

WHY have you removed the number?  Presumably others may find it tremendously useful if they find themselves in similar circumstances.  Surely you want to help your users.  Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

Had to add Simpsons quote as said I was a robot.

Spotify don't offer telephone support, the number posted was not a support number hence why it was removed.

As @Sam mentioned above, for support you can either email in or tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Suggested posts