Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Create Device password

Solved!

Create Device password

Hi,
I recently got myself Spotify premium and now would like to set up a device password in order to connect a specific device (Onkyo TX-NR509).
Unfortunately I'm not able to fine within my settings the point for device-password creation.
Direct links like https://www.spotify.com/us/account/send-device-password/ don't get me anywhere either.

With thanks in advance

P.S. I have not connected my account with facebook.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Swee-D

Unfortunately, it looks like the Spotify integration was retired for this device. There's more info on this help site.

I'm sorry.

Peace

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @Swee-D! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

Could you try to use this link?

https://www.spotify.com/account/set-device-password/

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Hi,
Unfortunately, this link also just forwards me to my common overview.

spotify.jpg

@Swee-D

I've escalated this issue to the support.

I'll reply on this thread with help soon. ^^

Peace

@Nico

Thanks mate!

Hey @Swee-D!

You shouldn't need to use a device password because your account is not created through Facebook. You should be able to log in with your regular credentials (Username, password) If the you're not sure about the username, you're able to check it here.

Keep in mind that the device password option is only available for Facebook-created accounts as some devices don't have the option to log in with Facebook. Only in that case the device password is needed in order to access. In these cases, the device password needs to be set up from the settings on the Facebook profile.

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Hi Nico,
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!
Unfortunately I have the issue that I can not login onto Spotifiy on my Onkyo TX-NR509 receiver, which has explicitly Spotifiy capability, with my credentials (neither my username+pw nor my email+pw combo)
I've googled a bit on that topic and saw that people were succesful in login in with the device password solution which is the reason I wanted to try that.

Marked as solution

@Swee-D

Unfortunately, it looks like the Spotify integration was retired for this device. There's more info on this help site.

I'm sorry.

Peace

Hi,
Seems my device is now already obsolete 😞

Thank you very much nonetheless for your efforts!

Suggested posts