Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Creating another account because my old Email address is now closed down

Creating another account because my old Email address is now closed down

I had problems with my Spotify account,it just wouldn't play my songs,it just wasn't working st all,I couldn't resolve the issue because my Email address was no longer operating,so I couldn't retrieve any Emails from Spotify to resolve the issue.
Now i've created a new Spotify account with my new Email address,
How do I close my original Spotify account?
(If that's what I need to do)
6 Replies

Hey! @ccarabine  

You can go here, then click account, then "I want to permanently delete my account" to delete it. 

Like my post and accept as a solution if I've been helpful!

Just livin' it up in the USA!

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Spotify. I just enjoy helping people solve their problems and get back to the music!

Thanks for your reply,however it didn't help,I almost just deleted my new account,any more ideas would be appreciated,(i'm sure it's simple but I just lose patience after 5 minutes of clicking boxes)

And now i've got another problem(which is actually my original problem,when I try to download a tune a message come up "An Error Occured-TRY AGAIN!
Wi-Fi is fine and there's no obvious problems with my phone,just can't download anything,and I can't ring Spotify to ask for advice,I really just wanna listen to some music,i'm paying £9.99 per month for nothing!!
Awful support from Spotify!!

Hey @ccarabine

Please make sure you are signed into the account you want to delete, then follow the steps here to delete the account. 

Like my post and accept as a solution if I've been helpful!

Just livin' it up in the USA!

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Spotify. I just enjoy helping people solve their problems and get back to the music!

Cheers

Ok just an update-
I can't log in to my old account cos it doesn't accept my old password,so it sends my password to my old Email address,but I can't retrieve it because my old Email address is not accessible.(closed down)
Second Issue is that everything I press on my new account says "️An Error Occured (Try Again)"
which is a completely meaningless statement,it should say,'An error occurred,please ring this number to resolve your issue',seing as i'm a loyal customer on a "Premium" account
Basically I need to speak to a Spotify technician,who'll solve the problem in 2 minutes but I can't because they don't have a phone number,so I can't resolve my issues,so in my opinion the help service on Spotify is absolutely atrocious.
I'm still paying £9:99 per month,and can't use the service!!😀

Suggested posts