Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Mix Algorithm Update :(

Solved!

Daily Mix Algorithm Update :(

I think a recent algorithm update ruined my Daily Mix playlists. Anyone else?

In the past few weeks I noticed significant changes in my Daily Mixes, which I listen to daily, for years now. Prior to the change, I was really impressed with how well Spotfy was able to categorize playlists. But now it seems like Spotify is blending all my music together. For example, I listen to focus / concentration playlists for a good portion of my day. Then I switch over to a specific sub genre of Christian Hip/Hop. Occasionally I listen to more mainstram Christian songs. Now my playlists are blending all three types of music into a single playlist.

I don't think the problem is Spotify having a lack of history or feedback from me. Spotify has already shown that they have sufficient info to organize my taste. But now, it seems like a significant decrease in accuracy. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any fixes besides the common response I see of using the heart and cancel icons more proactivly?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We appreciate your feedback on the Daily Mix playlists.

Bear in mind that, the more Daily Mix updates based on your listening habits, so that the more you listen, the more frequently it updates. More info on this can be found here.

If you have an idea for a specific feature which you think could be implemented to improve your Daily Mix experience, make sure to submit a new idea in the Idea Exchange.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I've noticed this recently too and hate it. I don't want six different jumbles of music. It was much more useful when grouped by genre so that I could choose the type of music to listen to. The new algorithm is just a mess. Especially lousy after going through the Holiday season and now scattering Christmas music into what I'm listening too in January!

This happened to me around the same time, too. Now it feels like all of my recent listens just go to daily mix 1 and there is no theme to it. I really have no interest listening to a playlist full of house music, folk music, guilty pleasures, and random Taylor Swift songs that my girlfriend listened to on our Google home... Please revert this update!

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We appreciate your feedback on the Daily Mix playlists.

Bear in mind that, the more Daily Mix updates based on your listening habits, so that the more you listen, the more frequently it updates. More info on this can be found here.

If you have an idea for a specific feature which you think could be implemented to improve your Daily Mix experience, make sure to submit a new idea in the Idea Exchange.

Thanks!

Hi Peter, thanks for responding. It sounds like the issue is in a deficiency with the algorithm, not in lack of listening habits. I have been a daily user of Spotify, I heart songs that I like, but in the example I provided, music genre's which previously were separated seemed to merge together. So I would hear piano songs from my concentration playlist mixed in with hip hop songs from my workout playlist.

I also noticed a change (worse) in the Daily Mix playlists.  In my case, it seems the playlists are updated every day, except not the artists.  What I mean is that I have every day the same artists per playlist (often same order), but with other songs.  Prior to November 2019, I had a more diverse list of artists per playlist every day...

Suggested posts