Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete old account and change current account username to the old one

Solved!

Delete old account and change current account username to the old one

So I have an old account which I didn’t have access to until now. I had made a new account which has all my playlists and premium. I thought of deleting the old account and changing my current account username to the old one but there is no option to change username for both accounts.

Name :old account username, want to delete this account 

Name__ :current account, want to change username to Name

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Gam3sFreak, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

You're able to close your old account following these steps. Keep in mind, that you'll lose all content once you delete your account and have 7 days to change your mind if you wish to reopen the account again.

It's not possible to change your username, but you're able to change your display name - which replaces the username. There are some steps on how to do this here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Gam3sFreak, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

You're able to close your old account following these steps. Keep in mind, that you'll lose all content once you delete your account and have 7 days to change your mind if you wish to reopen the account again.

It's not possible to change your username, but you're able to change your display name - which replaces the username. There are some steps on how to do this here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thanks for the reply. I did change the display name, but it still shows my username under my playlists and discover weekly. Is there no way to change that?

Hey @Gam3sFreak,

Thanks for the reply!

It can take anywhere from 24-48 hours to update on your account. In this case, I can check up with you on Monday, to see if the display name gets updated. You can also reply here when the display name gets updated on your account.

Another quick thing you can try, is logging out > restart device > log back in to sync the changes.

I'll be here!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thank you! I’ll try logging out. I’ll let you know if it doesn’t update in 48 hours.

By the way, can I still reply to you if I click on accept as solution? As you can see I’m new here lol

I have another question if you don’t mind. How can I use Sign In with Apple with my current Spotify account? I really appreciate your help

Hey @Gam3sFreak,

Yes, you're able to reply here at anytime, regardless of you accepting something as a Solution or not. 

I'm here to help with any questions, no worries at all 😅 

Yes, you're able to use Sign In with Apple, and there is more information and steps on how to get started here.

I'll be here if you have any questions!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thank you very much!

Hey @Gam3sFreak,

Just reaching back out as promised. Did your display name update on your devices? 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Yes, thank you! It’s updated everywhere now

Hey @Gam3sFreak

You're welcome! I'm happy to hear everything is back on track. If you need help in the future, don't hesitate to start a topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts