Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleted Facebook account, now I cannot access Spotify

Solved!

Deleted Facebook account, now I cannot access Spotify

I have deleted my Facebook account and now am unable to access my original Spotify account. I had to create this account to post a thread here since my original Spotify account is "already in use." I contacted spotify support twice but haven't had any replies in my spam or inbox. I'm mainly concerned that I will continue being charged for a Spotify premium account I'm locked out of, but would like to continue the premium service under my original account if possible.

My original Facebook account was "w*****r@gmail.com"

Thanks,

Denny

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Here is what I did.
Spotify makes it easy to cancel and register for Premium so I canceled my current subscription since I wasn't going to waste my time retrieving my old FB account.
I created a new account just using an e-mail and password (did not link to any social media account).
They offer a free 30 day trial anyway so you don't have to worry about 2 charges in one month.
Sure, it sucks having to find and download music again but if by now you don't access WiFi and can't remember the music that really like, then you're better off using Pandora.
Spotify, you're doing well. Thanks.

View solution in original post

44 Replies

Hey 🙂

When did you contact customer services? 

Also did you get an automated email reply telling you to visit the community? If so you need to reply directly to that message (even if it says not to) to get your message pushed to a member of the team.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello,

First on Saturday, then again on either Monday or Tuesday. I sent it from a form submission on the website so I can't tell the exact time. I haven't received any automated messages yet. Is there a better way to reach support?

Thanks,

Denny

Unfortunately, that is the only way to get in touch with the team. Spotify don't do telephone support.

I am going to escalate this topic to the forum staff for you, maybe one of them can chase this up/look into this! 😉

Peter

Peter

Thanks a lot for the help so far, hammeh. I personally don't see how it's legal to circumvent customers like this. Facebook is guilty of the same thing, but at least I don't pay them $10 a month.

Thanks,

Denny

I do my best, you are welcome 🙂

As I don't work for Spotify or know anything really about how the system works or anything to do with law I can't really comment.

From past experience the team will get to the bottom of this for you, don't worry 😉

Hang in there,
Peter

Peter

Hi denreaper1 - I've just checked and I'm afraid we don't have a message from either your 'denreaper1' email or 'w******@gmail.com'. 

After you successfully fill out the contact form you should recieve an email with a confirmation number. An automated message might follow too-reply again as @hammeh suggested. 

Have you recieved those confirmation emails?

Thanks for trying, although I can't help but feeling like Spotify moderators should know that Spotify accounts made after sometime around September 2011 can't be unlinked from Facebook anyway; many people seemed to confirm it on the forums. I re-enabled my Facebook account (which apparently is also refusing to delete) and was able to at least unsubscribe from Spotify, even though I still can't figure out how to delete my Spotify account. I guess I'll never be leaving Spotify's or Facebook's database.... Shame on me for not reading the 10 page EULAs carefully enough. I'll be sharing all of this information with anyone I know who is interested in a paid Spotify service.

If my information is sold or more money is removed from my account, I guess I'll begin searching for Spotify's automated legal support system. Have a nice life stealing money.

Thanks,

Denny

@denreaper wrote:

Thanks for trying, although I can't help but feeling like Spotify moderators should know that Spotify accounts made after sometime around September 2011 can't be unlinked from Facebook anyway; many people seemed to confirm it on the forums.

Hi deanreaper - Glad to hear you were able to sort out your subscritption. 

Just to clarify though, we've not told Facebook users they can disconnect their accounts. Only users that have a unique Spotify username can connect/ disconnect from Facebook. In fact, we've made it clear that FB users that try to disconnect will run into issues such as the one you previously had. 

We can certainly continue to help with your account though. If you want it deleted please complete our contact form. A CS agent can then help from there. 

Excactly the same happened to me: I canceled my Facebook account and now i cannot log into my Premium-Spotify-account anymore.
All the solutions I found on the net need the logging in into one of the accounts; If you used your Spotify via your Facebook account and deleted it, there seems to be no way to get to the spotify again.
I could write this just because I created a new Spotify standard account.
I cannot believe that you can get trapped like this, there must be another solution.
Please help!
NEX

@Meredith:
We, who didn't get the information that one should not disconnect these two accounts also didn't say it's ok to continue charging for the Spotify account even if it is not accessible for us.
Cheers, NEX

I am having a similar issue. I am not going to make a new account and wish to deactivate my Facebook account and continue to use spotify. If there is no way around this I will cancel but again, I'd prefer not to.

Guys. If you created your account using facebook, you won't have a spotify username - it will just be shown as an account number under your account overview. If you want to have a non-facebook spotify account, you will need to create a new account using a spotify username/password which won't be linked to facebook and customer services will help you transfer your subscription, playlists and other information over to the new account.

Tell the customer service team what you need using the online contact formIf you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

I had the exact same problem and noone has gotten back to me. I'm about to cancel subscription.

This is the response letter i got. ***BUT THIS IS NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTION****

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Here's what we got from you: 
I have an account linked to my Facebook page. I am currently in the process of permanently deleting my Facebook page(the 14 day exp. starts today). Can I still save my playlists and have them synced to my new account, that has not yet been created. Please help. I am a paying customer. 

If you have a question about Spotify, your first stop should be the Spotify Community http://community.spotify.com/ for support from other users. This is also a great place to read up on any company updates that might affect your service as well as posting your own ideas and feedback.

Then check out our Help pages http://support.spotify.com The FAQs contain solutions to the most common queries and guides on how to use Spotify's features.

You can also now follow or Tweet our Spotify Customer Service Team @Spotifycares for all things Spotify.

We're sure that these solutions will help you with your query. Remember that we'll keep you in the loop on any major service updates via our Twitter: 
https://twitter.com/spotifystatus @Spotifystatus

Kind regards,
Spotify Customer Service Team

Just reply directly to that email @rjahmaal and your case will be pushed over an to advisor who can lend a hand. 

Peter

Hey,
If you havent foudn any help which i'm guessing you didn't becasue Spotify customer service is awful, here is what I ahve been doing.  I was recently having trouble with spotify on my phone after i deactivated my facebook.  If you actually deactivated and didn't delete your FB. Go ahead and uninstall spotify, reactivate your FB, install spotify and log in with facebook again.  After this you should have all your playlists etc and then you can deactivate FB again and it will work.
IT's ridiculous you can't seperate spotify from your Facebook and even more ridiculous that spotify doesn't care enough yo let you.  I hate Zuckerberg and i'm glad those bros stole his money.

I cant believe I pay Spotify money, might have to go back to 8tracks.

Feel your pain on this one, to the point I wrote a full tutorial on how to split from Facebook. The Spotify staff will also do it for you if you get in touch as outlined at the top of the tutorial:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Tutorial-How-to-Disconnect-Spotify-from-F...

Peter

I've recently quit facebook and have had to sign up to spotify with my other email, just so i can message. 

My spotify facebook linked account I want back, is there anyway i can get it back? I'm not signing up to facebook again and I was wondering whether you could transfer it over to my new email. 

I'm a premium user, I pay, I have almost a hundred playlist, and have all my details here... what can be done?

Suggested posts