Free

Country

United States

Device

Dell Inspiron (laptop)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi. I installed Spotify's desktop app and I keep running across a puzzling and irritating issue. Recently, I created a new Spotify account because I wanted a different profile name—and since my email address was registered with the old account, I had to close the old account so I could use the address to sign up for the new one.

My problem is that every time I open the Spotify desktop app, it automatically logs me into my old account—the one that I went to great pains to ensure was closed. It lets me log out and log back into the new one, but then the next time the app starts up, I'm in the wrong account again. How is that even possible, and what can I do to stop it from happening?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @lyricali,

I'd  recommend having a clean reinstall so your cache and registered account in the app resets. That way, next time you log in you should be able to register your new account.

Hope this helps and let me know how you get on!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @lyricali,

I'd  recommend having a clean reinstall so your cache and registered account in the app resets. That way, next time you log in you should be able to register your new account.

Hope this helps and let me know how you get on!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Thanks @Jose_M, that worked! I would have sworn I only installed the app after I closed the first account, but in any case it seems to be working now.

That's great! I'm glad to hear it's working fine now. Make sure to let me know if there's anything else I can help with.
Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts