Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Device limit trouble. can i delete

Solved!

Device limit trouble. can i delete

I installated spotify on my old pc. After a big pc issue i had to install a new OS on my pc and installated spotify again. A few days later my pc crashed again, because the mainboard got big problems. My brother gaves me his laptop as long as ism waiting for the new pc and i installated spotify also and i also have spotify on my android phone. I opened spotify on my android yesterday. at the first time it says i reached the limit of 3devices. after that i can start spotify and it closed after 3 seconds without any message. I cant delete/de-synch spotify on my old pc, but even with the old pc all should be ok. 1: old pc. 2: laptop 3: android = 3 devices. I reinstalled spotify on my android over 10 times and delete all datas but i still have thr problem i wont be possible to install spotify at mynew pc and cant synchr. my android. Is it possible to delete all synchronisated devices of my account? if not i cant use spotify in the future and have to cancle my spotify premium account, because i csnt use on new pc and android.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. I can clear your devices if you'd like, but you'll lose any offline music you've stored. Would you like me to do so? Hopefully, it'll sort it.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. I can clear your devices if you'd like, but you'll lose any offline music you've stored. Would you like me to do so? Hopefully, it'll sort it.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi,

thanks for your answer. It would be nice if you can clear my devices. At the moment i cant even open the Spotify app on my android and the offline music is already lost. Also i want to install spotify on my new pc (which will be here monday or tuesday) so im also not interessed at the offline music on this laptop. i just want to hear music on new pc and on my mobile phone.

Should i do something or have to prepare something for the devices reset? If not, just clear it.

Thank you in advance.

LemonTreex3

I've just cleared those devices for you. I'd also suggest giving the new preview Android app a try, as this has cleared a few bugs up. Just head here: http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi,

finally i can listen to my music with my android again 🙂

Thank you very much!!

I also tried the new android app and i like the new design and interface.

Thank you again!

LemonTreex3

I just upgraded my iOS and had the same problem. Is there an automated way to remove old devices, or do we need to contact support?

@davidgljay wrote:

I just upgraded my iOS and had the same problem. Is there an automated way to remove old devices, or do we need to contact support?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You can request your offline devices to be reset here on the community, just drop a post onto this topic and a member of staff will be able to do that for you. I would suggest you read the first post closely, as all your current offline content will be lost. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

please help me, i have to many devices now and i cant get any music on my iphone, please help

@nielsenn96 wrote:

please help me, i have to many devices now and i cant get any music on my iphone, please help

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you want a device reset if you are having issues, just drop a post saying "Reset please" onto this official topic and a member of the team will be able to do that for you.

Peter

Peter

Same problem, can i have some help clearing my devices?

Please check the post above yours 🙂

Somebody is using my spotify account, can you please clear all the devices from my account. I am aware what will happen. Thank you so much.

Done. We'd suggest changing your password too, just in case.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Reset please!

To request an offline device reset, please head over to the official topic here where a member of the Spotify team will be able to help you out. 

I am going to close this topic to try and keep all of the posts in the one place. If you need a reset, go to the link above 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts