Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Device reset and custom ROM

Device reset and custom ROM

Please reset...again. I'm really getting upset at how many times I get the error that I have too many devices synced. I have the PC app and the android app. Any time I update my custom rom I get hit with this error. This really should be something we the customer can manage. I can't call or email customer service b/c there doesn't seem to be any contact info on this site (or difficult to find). Im getting frustrated that I pay for this service every month. Please help and thank you!

Edit - I was able to find a way to send in a email in your "About" section at the very bottom of the page. Thanks.

2 Replies

Hello! Thanks for your message. We currently allow 3 offline devices, and the newest will replace the oldest.

We appreciate you bringing this idea to us - the best place to stay updated on any kind of device management is here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Self-Service-Device-Management/idi-p/51075

Hope this helps out a bit. Let us know if we can help.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

Everytime you change your ROM, the Spotify app will detect that as a new device, since it that application on the new ROM will have a new Spotify cache, and that cache is the "device" if you like. So everytime you flash your ROM and install Spotify, in effect you have created a new device in Spotify's eyes. It is the same situation if you have a computer with two operating systems installed, it counts as two devices since each spotify installation maintains its own cache. 

Spotify also don't officially support custom ROMs, and I have a feeling this might be one of the reasons why.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts