Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disable Notifications

Disable Notifications

The notifications are an awesome feature; however, I have many friends and many playlists and I receive way too many notifications!

I cannot find an option to disable or turn them off.  Is there one?  If not, please make an option to disable/enable notifications!

Thanks in advance!

Lan

38 Replies

hi.

Some posts in this thread are kind of old (2012), I'm not sure if this was solved but I've readf the entire thread and mostly people are begging to get some peace, and now May 2015, I've been having the same problem since a year or two now.

I got a premium account and I listen mostly on the computer while designign liek the other guy. The notification option is turned off under the menu EDIT/PREFERENCES. Actually now that I check I can see that this option isn't any longer there in the client. I upgraded this morning (automatic option - asked to restart). I have version 1.0.5.186.ga9c24d6a now apparently.

The biggest problem I have is that I get notifications on my mobile phone front screen, when the phone is locked, and then it'll beg for attention at various times during the day. Mostly I'm spammed by a prublisher for "deep sleep" or something like that. I actually tried to search for some "sleep music" for out toddler 2 years ago when she had cholic, and basically cried constantly (we carried her all day all night). Now do I need to know that "Deep Sleep" somehow released something every week? The publisher is clearly spamming everyone that once listened to their stuff (it was crap).  How can I turn this sh*t off?

I can see lot's of options on the online profile settings, but I don't know which one this would refer to. I would still like to know when the bands that I really like release something, like Damon Aalbarn/gorillaz for example.

Thanks for help.

/Johan

I

After clicking "unsubscribe" to half a dozen Spotify e-mails, I still am getting spammed by Spotify.  My notification disable button doesn't work, because it's showing that I'm unsubscribed from everything.

I submitted a help ticket to Spotify three weeks ago (Spotify Case # 03017249), but no one has replied.  I'm seriously considering cancelling my account just to avoid these annoying e-mails...

Can anyone help me?

Looks like Spotify has been ignoring this since 2012 (so 3 years and a half now (Jun 2015)).. These notification really piss me off too and I want to turn them off.

Makes me really think if I should continue to pay them (I got a premium account)...

Same here.. I am going to stop Spotify (had a premium account) and start with Apple Music.

Spotify can you please reply and let us know if this is a no no or if there is an ETA to implement this feature.

I am paying premium not to get disturbed when listening to music and these notifications are undesired. 

It is outrageous!! 

Who gives you the right to steal our attention?!

I have found a solution to disable all these annoying notifications as another user suggested.

It's really easy - cancel your PRO/premium subscription (so you don't pay it anymore) and go to http://rdio.com

More plan options (3.99 plan available) and same music without the notifications.

Spotify - learn to listen to your customers. 3 years people have been complaining!!!!

I have not linked a facebook account, yet I get notifcations that show up in the icon prominently when random users follow my playlists.  I really don't care and I especially don't want this attention grabbing icon sitting in my taskbar.  I'm a premium user and it's bad when a product you paid for acts like this.

Spotify please add an option to disable all notifications in the taskbar icon and elsewhere!  I can't believe it's been 3 years with no solution to this!

And yes, I registered for this forum just because of how annoying this is

Yeah me too, registered here just to tell how bull**bleep** this is. We are already paying spotify the money, why in earth can't we turn off the notifications about songs added to random playlist (who cares like wtf?) coming to our client and phones. How can it be so hard?

Apparently there aren't enough people complaining about this awesomely annoying "feature" Considering cancelling my membership as well.

I really can give a **** to playlist notifications, serious guys

I'm not asking to remove this just please allow us turn this off, sure it's silent but place an annoying ugly badge on taskbar icon

Windows aren't osx to nail this kind of stuff, awful design idea

please make windows app with windows 10 design guidelines in mind

I'd love for the ability to turn the number notifications off... I clear out distractions as it is at work and listen to music that helps me focus at work. But as the day goes on I get notifications of changes to some random playlist that break my concentration.. which I already have enough trouble with.

I don't need to know (or at least should have the option to decide if I want to know) that two tracks were added to one of the dozens of playlists I follow.

For the love of god, let me turn this off.... 

Thanks in advance.

i cancelled my premium account because i cannot disable the notification trash.

yes, pls allow removal of notification of playlist updates of those playlists I follow!  really, really really annoying.  i love spotify for its clean simplicity, but this feature is messing it up

I will also cancel for this reason

I totally agree your answer. I cannot understand why there are so many non-sense parameters in the settings but nothing to change this behaviour.

I agree to the idea that there are many extra notifications that are distracting. There should be a little toggle next to the playlists you have either created or follow and it should allow you to turn notifications on or off. I have one playlist that has garnered over 500 followers and every time a new follower is added it notifies me. At first, I was excited to see people finding my playlist useful, but eventually it just became a nuiscance. I know I could just make my playlist private, but I don't want to remove something that people have found useful. I could also just ignore the notification box, but there are some notifications I would like to see. I like being notified when artists I follow add new tracks, but it's often hard for me to see those because they get buried in all the other notifications.

This is not the issue being addressed. It's the badge app icon, not the pop up notification.

I have the opposite problem.. Im not getting any notifications despite the fact that people are following me and my playlists, and in theory my notifications are enabled. What should I do to receive notifications then?

Suggested posts