Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Display Name not showing

Display Name not showing

Hi,

I just created an account around 8 hours ago, and the last step to create the account asked for a display name. I typed in "Jiehfeng" and created the account, but nowhere can the name "Jiehfeng" be seen, just the random letters/numbers for a username. Isn't the display name supposed to replace the username for viewing pleasure? For example, viewing a daily mix would show "Made for xxxxxx", not the display name.

8 Replies

Hey there @Jiehfeng,

thanks for posting !

Have you created your account through Facebook by any chance ?

This was created by email, not facebook. 🙂

I'm experiencing other bugs as well. One is that when I click play on one song, it plays another from the playlist, and the other is that when I click like on a song, it says "Something went wrong" but it appears in the liked songs. My first experience with spotify is disappointing. 😕

Hey @Jiehfeng,

I recommend you reinstall the app on the device with the issues you're describing as it tends to do the trick.

However, it would be great if you could check your account on different devices / network to see if the issue presists.

This way, i'd know how to address it exactly.

Thanks 🙂

I am using the Windows 10 version and the Android version. I just reinstalled it like you recommended, but it still says "Something went wrong". I just checked on my Android app but for that particular issue it's fine and says "Liked". The playing a different song bug is something I can't recreate at the moment, maybe it is fixed but we'll see.

And it's definitely nothing wrong with my internet, I have a 100Mbps fiber connection.

The Display Name issue persists on both devices btw. It still doesn't show my display name anywhere, just the random username.

My Spotify account is my Facebook account, but the only thing I see is a number. I can't see which friends are using Spotify. Do you know what the problem is?

I just figured out that the "Something went wrong" issue for liking songs only persists in the daily drive mix, others work fine. In Android for both it's fine.

But the display name issue still persists. Is there any way to contact spotify directly? This is going nowhere.

Suggested posts