Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Domains to whitelist for Spotify

Domains to whitelist for Spotify

Dear Spotify,

Can you publish a list of domains I need to whitelist to use Spotify without interruptions? I'm trying to connect from a secure network.

I've found some older posts with lists of domains, but they seem outdated. I'd appreciate it if you could provide an official list.

Kind regards,

RadioInferno

5 Replies

Hello @RadioInferno!

Thanks for reaching out. At the moment, Spotify uses dynamic IP-ranges and cloud services that change all the time. In this case, there's not a complete or specific list of addresses that can be whitelisted. However, some routers or firewalls allow specific app configurations where all network traffic from an app can be enabled. I'd recommend checking if you can configure something like this.

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Jose_M wrote:

In this case, there's not a complete or specific list of addresses that can be whitelisted.

Thank you for the reply @Jose_M. Dynamic IP-ranges have nothing to do with my question (that is just standard CDN practice, right?). I'm looking for a list of domains I can add to my whitelist (my DNS will tell me the dynamic IP). Regexes or wildcard domains would be fine too.

Hello @RadioInferno!

Thanks for your reply. After checking with the relevant teams at Spotify, it looks like this isn't publicly available information. However, I'd recommend trying to whitelist the Spotify app on your Firewall configuration to see if that does the trick.

Hope that helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is about as useful as a bike with no wheels. Not publicly documenting your API and playback endpoint domains is stupid, (for a variety of reasons, chief of which is security concerns due to not knowing what domains to trust) and therefore I suspect what you're saying isn't even true. Even if we assume what you're saying is correct, it's trivial to map dynamic cloud resources to static domains, or even dynamic subdomains of a static domain. Many of us are behind corporate firewalls which require whitelisting. Consider this a bug report, not a feature request.

Agree completely luckily you can use a site like this to see domains they are using:

https://www.netify.ai/resources/applications/spotify

Suggested posts