Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Download User Stats

Download User Stats

Hi,

I'm not sure where to post this, so I hope it's the right place. I would love to have the ability to download all my user stats, showing every track I've played, by artist, album, day, etc as a raw data file so I can create my own tracking in excel. The little research I've done has led me to believe this may be possible through the API, but that goes beyond my abilities since I'm no programmer. It would seem to me that as paying users, we should be able to get this information from a portal or something. Does this exist somewhere I haven't looked? 

Thank you.

3 Replies

Hey @Gerry,

That's a good idea. You can post it in the Idea Submissions forum and it may be considered for future versions of the app.

Just be sure to check out if the idea is already there. If it's not, submit it after reading the idea submission guidelines.

I also can suggest you to open a last.fm account. It's a great way to keep track of what you listen in Spotify, and most other music players. You just need to add your last.fm account info in the Spotify preferences, and you'll log what you listen to. With this, you'll be able to see what you were listening at any point in time. Very useful!

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks. I actually do scrobble to Last.FM, though I never check on Last.FM. I'm looking for soemthign deeper though. I want to really dig into my stats on my own rather than just getting a preset breakdown. I posted the idea as you suggested. 

A data download is currently possible, and accessed in account settings. HOWEVER, it only provides 90 days of streaming history.

A community member complained about this problem in a previous post, but as you can see, no real solution was given, much like the replies to this current post. Furthermore, no such answer exists in the documentation provided at the time of donwload ("Understanding My Data" and "GDPR Article 15").

I want an answer as to WHY only 90 days are provided to users who apply for and gain access to their data. 

Thanks,

Russell

--
thanks. message me.

Suggested posts