Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

E-card purchasing bug in Firefox

E-card purchasing bug in Firefox

Hi!

I would like to report a likely bug.

I managed to successfully purchase a Spotify e-card in Google Chrome. However, before that, I attempted to do so unsuccessfully in Mozilla Firefox. After filling in the e-card form (at https://www.spotify.com/ee/get-spotify/e-card/) and clicking "Continue", I'd get a nondescript error "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area" (screenshot of this included as an attachment). Using Firefox in safe mode (all extensions disabled) did not help. I was using identical information in the e-card form in both FF and Google Chrome.
I am using Windows 8.1 and Firefox 26.0.; my user agent string: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0.
I use Facebook to log in.

If you think there is any other information I could provide, just let me know (I am comfortable with development/debugging tools).

spotify_ecard_bug.png
5 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I'll escalate this to the staff as a potential bug for them to look into.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Wondering is there any output to the javascript console when this happens?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hmm... no, nothing besides HTTP requests.

Just tested this out in Firefox 26 and Aurora 28 both went to the next page fine for me - not sure what is going on here. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I investigated this a bit further and it does not seem to be really related to the browser or OS. I tested the e-card purchasing form on FF running on Ubuntu on another machine, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome again. Except for one odd case I got the error message on every single attempt no matter the system. But it did work for just a moment, which is weird.

Suggested posts